This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Advice for a new TV for gaming please!

#1Mason_CainPosted 7/27/2013 6:05:41 AM
Refunding a faulty TV tomorrow - was a 40" Samsung 1080p tv. Had three in a row, all with vertical black shadows visible.

Will have 550 from that, and willing to go up to about ~800 in total. Main requirements are 40" - 42", 1080p, and good to play games on that will last through the life cycle of the XBone and ps4!

If you can provide links as well for anything you think is awesome, it would be much appreciated! Never had an issue with Samsun before, but after this batch I am not su sure about them.

Also, can someone clarify LED vs LCD for me? Tech noob...
---
GT: Ancient Daemon / PSN: Ancient_Daemon
FC: 0645-6958-1722
#2djwagonPosted 7/27/2013 6:10:15 AM
if you want real help .pm archizzy or secondhand1.they are the resident tv pros
---
when I was here before I went by the screen name IMPORTER1..
#3TamondaichiPosted 7/27/2013 8:12:17 AM
I have a 42" Philips LCD tv. Got it for less than 350. I was thinking about getting a Samsung LED tv, because of the more vibrant colours and thin screen, but now I'll wait till my 42" dies out.
#4schmittycent2Posted 7/27/2013 8:36:49 AM
Buy one that works, that's my advice.
---
Xbox GT schmittycent
#5TheBlueStigPosted 7/27/2013 10:03:34 AM
Mason_Cain posted...
Also, can someone clarify LED vs LCD for me? Tech noob...

They're both the same as far as the screen tech goes except for the backlighting.

LCD uses fluorescent tube backlighting that's slower to respond to onscreen changes, and has inferior color.

LED uses LED strips or array panels for backlighting, responds fastest to onscreen changes, runs cooler, uses less electricity, and has pure white color to let the screen show proper color ranges.

Direct Array backlighting is superior to Edge Lit backlighting for bigger screens, edge lit is only acceptable on screens 27 inches or smaller.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.