This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox saying I don't own certain arcade games after console switch

#1RyamusPosted 7/27/2013 1:22:34 PM
Hello all, I bought the Gears 3 xbox when it came out and used my transfer cable to transfer all my content over. I was pretty sure I did a license transfer as well. Recently, I've wanted to go back and play some of my old arcade games. Certain ones say that I do not own them, but only the demo.

What should I do? Some I've been able to redownload and it register that I do indeed own it, but it won't work for all of them. Should I do another license transfer?
#2glassghost0Posted 7/27/2013 1:27:24 PM
You won't be able to do another license transfer for another 3-4 months.

Redownload the games and try again.
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#3Ryamus(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2013 1:29:32 PM
glassghost0 posted...
You won't be able to do another license transfer for another 3-4 months.

Redownload the games and try again.

The last time I did (at least, I'm pretty sure I did) a license transfer was when Gears 3 came out, so I can do another..I just didn't know if that was the right course of action
#4RenamonPosted 7/27/2013 2:14:19 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5Killah PriestPosted 7/27/2013 2:19:17 PM
there are very rare cases where even tho you've done a license transfer the games still come up this way.

only way I could get them to not be demos was to load the game and pick "unlock full game" from the games menu, but it would go back to a trial after I quit out and tried to reload it after that.

this was very rare tho.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#6RenamonPosted 7/27/2013 2:23:21 PM(edited)
If the marketplace (before downloading) is showing the full game as you needing to buy it then you bought the content on another profile.

If it allows you to download the full version, but when trying to play it offline, and it says it's only the demo, then yes, do a license transfer. Or just play while connected to XBL.
---
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games
#7Ryamus(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2013 2:24:46 PM
Killah Priest posted...
there are very rare cases where even tho you've done a license transfer the games still come up this way.

only way I could get them to not be demos was to load the game and pick "unlock full game" from the games menu, but it would go back to a trial after I quit out and tried to reload it after that.

this was very rare tho.

This is exactly what is happening to random games. Sometimes it will show that I own them, and other times it will say I only have the demo. I'm just trying to sort this out because I'm selling my xbox to a family member and I want them to be able to play the games I've bought without any problems.
#8Seanie1200Posted 7/31/2013 1:56:27 PM(edited)
Have a look at the sticky on the xbox live arcade and marketplace board - the other part of this split board. Not sure if you have tried everything on it but there may be something that helps