This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who's worse? Tameem Antoniades or Phil Fish?

#1aj4x94Posted 7/28/2013 9:18:19 PM
Who's worse? Tameem or Phil Fish - Results (90 votes)
Tameem Antoniades(Heavenly Sword, Enslaved, DmC)
33.33% (30 votes)
Phil Fish(Fez)
66.67% (60 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Both of these men have made controversial comments towards the Japanese game industry earning them the ire of gamers all around. So I ask you ladies and gentlemen, who among these two men is the more unlikeable?
---
Playing: The Last of Us, System Shock 2, Hitman Trilogy, Siren Blood Curse, Alan Wake
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94
#2EvilCactusPosted 7/28/2013 9:35:35 PM
Neither. There are plenty of devs out there that are far worse. David Jaffe is a notable example of a petulant child. But people are so enamored by the mediocre games he (and those others) put out, that they turn a blind eye.
---
sig here
#3aj4x94(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 9:44:54 PM
Really? Because I have a hard time believing there is a game developer out there more unpleasant and childish than Phil Fish. No one (and I mean no one) has ever cancelled their game over a spat over the internet. It's really one for the books.
---
Playing: The Last of Us, System Shock 2, Hitman Trilogy, Siren Blood Curse, Alan Wake
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94
#4DarkSymbiotePosted 7/28/2013 9:53:29 PM
Fish. I don't like Tameem either but he's not a child.
---
My The Last of Us Review:
gamefaqs.com/ps3/652686-the-last-of-us/reviews/review-154646
#5656stoogePosted 7/28/2013 10:07:19 PM
Got to go with Tameem. Fish is a dick, but he actually made a decent game and didn't ruin a series I loved because he's a stubborn dick.
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
#6Zohar_MetatronPosted 7/28/2013 11:03:32 PM
aj4x94 posted...
Really? Because I have a hard time believing there is a game developer out there more unpleasant and childish than Phil Fish. No one (and I mean no one) has ever cancelled their game over a spat over the internet. It's really one for the books.

Kevin Dent. He's made one (awful) game, and once threatened to blackmail an indie group after their ignored his demands to fire one of their female employees on account of her being female and therefore being bad at making games. Also claims affiliation with groups and is quoted as a member of groups that he's not a part of.

Part of the reason Fish gave up and walked away was that Dent was getting a free pass to be way worse just because he wasn't in Indie Game: The Movie.
---
By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings.
#7scoobydoobydontPosted 7/28/2013 11:10:16 PM
lol, anyone who doesn't vote Fish is just butthurt over the superiority of DmC over everything they love.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png
#8656stoogePosted 7/28/2013 11:29:02 PM
scoobydoobydont posted...
lol, anyone who doesn't vote Fish is just butthurt over the superiority of DmC over everything they love.

I love you Scooby. Will you be mine?
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
#9simonbelmont2Posted 7/29/2013 6:58:37 AM
What did Tameem say that was so bad? Also cancelling a game over an online tiff seems a bit drastic, how does a guy like that make it through life?
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#10WinternovaPosted 7/29/2013 7:12:23 AM
Neither are bad. Both have had to put up with petulant children acting like immature brats online and deserve sainthood for the crap they've had to endure.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)