This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New Games Disc Unreadable (Just Purchased a new copy of OG BlOps)

#1AppleJeZusPosted 7/28/2013 10:30:15 PM
So I just purchased a brand new copy of the first Black Ops, popped it in and to my surprise I got a disc unreadable error. I took it out and popped it in multiple times, cleared system cache, deleted any corrupt files, deleted all content for the game, and reinstalled the current system update and none of this solved my problem. I have tried multiple discs and all of my other games work.
---
Steam Community: AppleJeZus GT: AppleJeZus
#2flame030191Posted 7/28/2013 10:31:27 PM
Get a different copy.
---
PSN ID: armyflame (formerly Troll_Face_Flame) X360 gamertag: That Guy Flame
Call of Duty 2 is still the best of the series.
#3AppleJeZus(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 10:33:49 PM
flame030191 posted...
Get a different copy.

The best buy is closed
---
#4Wizzl241Posted 7/28/2013 10:35:09 PM
Then wait till tomorrow?
---
I like video games.
PSN Vita/XBL: Wizzl241
#5AppleJeZus(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 10:39:29 PM
I should also mention that the disc is in perfect condition
---
#6flame030191Posted 7/28/2013 10:41:07 PM
AppleJeZus posted...

It doesn't have to look scratched up to not work. Maybe it was next to magnets or something. Maybe it just didn't get the files copied to it correctly at the factory.
---
PSN ID: armyflame (formerly Troll_Face_Flame) X360 gamertag: That Guy Flame
Call of Duty 2 is still the best of the series.
#7AppleJeZus(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 10:44:27 PM
flame030191 posted...
AppleJeZus posted...

It doesn't have to look scratched up to not work. Maybe it was next to magnets or something. Maybe it just didn't get the files copied to it correctly at the factory.

Ah okay. I will have to do that then. I heard it is a problem awhile ago but thought they released a system update to fix it
---
#8squarex8264Posted 7/28/2013 10:47:06 PM
Can you install the game? If the game is failing to install, and it keeps failing at the same percentage multiple times, then it's definitely an issue with the disc.

Can you put the game in, and sometimes it load properly in the dash and othertimes it shows "Play Disc" or "Play Game" without showing that it is Blops? If so, you are probably having issues with the disc drive on your system. Try to install more games to avoid wearing it out. If you can get a DVD cleaner disc, that sometimes helps in case your laser is just getting a bit dirty.
---
Gamertag: Squ4rex
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#9AppleJeZus(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 10:53:13 PM
squarex8264 posted...
Can you install the game? If the game is failing to install, and it keeps failing at the same percentage multiple times, then it's definitely an issue with the disc.

Can you put the game in, and sometimes it load properly in the dash and othertimes it shows "Play Disc" or "Play Game" without showing that it is Blops? If so, you are probably having issues with the disc drive on your system. Try to install more games to avoid wearing it out. If you can get a DVD cleaner disc, that sometimes helps in case your laser is just getting a bit dirty.

It does say that it is Black Ops SOMETIMES, sometimes being twice. In those times it immediately says disc unreadable. There is never a chance to install the game or let it update.

I highly doubt it is a problem with my disc drive because it reads all 6 of my other games with NO problems.
---
#10PStrifePosted 7/28/2013 11:23:34 PM
Remove the hard-drive, see if it works that way.