This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Good news or Bad? Battlefront being developed by Danger Close

#1flame030191Posted 7/28/2013 9:56:51 PM
When Warfighter failed, EA shelved Medal of Honor. However, they did not shut down Danger Close. They integrated them to becoming DICE Los Angeles. They are putting some effort into BF4, yet their main focus right now is Star Wars: Battlefront.

What are your thoughts of this?
---
PSN ID: armyflame (formerly Troll_Face_Flame) X360 gamertag: That Guy Flame
Call of Duty 2 is still the best of the series.
#2DarkSymbiotePosted 7/28/2013 10:01:43 PM
Negative thoughts. I don't care for Battlefront personally but I honestly don't like either Danger Close or DICE's involvement with the game.
---
My The Last of Us Review:
gamefaqs.com/ps3/652686-the-last-of-us/reviews/review-154646
#3VeryDarkSoulPosted 7/28/2013 10:05:38 PM
i thought dice does excellent work... bad company 1 and 2 are 2 of the few FPS games that I actually cared about doing the story for
---
Ron Paul 2012
#4flame030191(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 10:07:16 PM
VeryDarkSoul posted...
i thought dice does excellent work... bad company 1 and 2 are 2 of the few FPS games that I actually cared about doing the story for

This isn't DICE. Danger Close, aka EA: Los Angeles, aka Dreamworks Interactive created the Medal of Honor series.

As a fan of Medal of Honor (I still play Warfighter, even), I'm very excited about this news. I just found it ironic that so many love to hate Danger Close and now their most hyped game is being developed by them.
---
PSN ID: armyflame (formerly Troll_Face_Flame) X360 gamertag: That Guy Flame
Call of Duty 2 is still the best of the series.
#5DarkSymbiotePosted 7/28/2013 10:09:21 PM
flame030191 posted...
VeryDarkSoul posted...

This isn't DICE. Danger Close, aka EA: Los Angeles, aka Dreamworks Interactive created the Medal of Honor series.

As a fan of Medal of Honor (I still play Warfighter, even), I'm very excited about this news. I just found it ironic that so many love to hate Danger Close and now their most hyped game is being developed by them.

That's because most don't know it's being developed by them and instead by the true DICE.
---
My The Last of Us Review:
gamefaqs.com/ps3/652686-the-last-of-us/reviews/review-154646
#6PStrifePosted 7/28/2013 10:10:27 PM
I always knew this was a bad deal for gps. EA rueens everything fictional license related, why are they even doing licensed games? Just a few years ago they treated such a thing as a bad business model to never return to.
#7656stoogePosted 7/28/2013 10:41:11 PM
These games need to be made by a team that's passionate about the universe and it's workings. Being run by a company that's only ever looking for a game that will net them CoD profits doesn't fill me with confidence.
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
#8metroider719Posted 7/29/2013 1:31:04 AM
What? Battlefront 3 isn't being developed by danger close, it's being developed by the main studio in Stockholm. The one that made battlefield 3. Here's the link
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/413912/veteran-battlefield-devs-working-on-star-wars-battlefront/
#9rusty12000Posted 7/29/2013 1:47:05 AM
If EA is involved it is bad news. Expect the worse SW games ever made to be coming out, filled to the brim with micro-transactions..
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
#10TheMuffinPosted 7/29/2013 2:13:54 AM
metroider719 posted...
What? Battlefront 3 isn't being developed by danger close, it's being developed by the main studio in Stockholm. The one that made battlefield 3. Here's the link
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/413912/veteran-battlefield-devs-working-on-star-wars-battlefront/

Yeah I'm wondering what the TC is smoking.
---
JascoD~ He said black ops 2, not Battlefield 3. CoD can be played at the same time you're making a sandwich.