This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I need to reset the console to factory settings, can anyone help?

#1BeidhaPosted 7/28/2013 11:14:16 PM
Someone put the stupid family settings on the console and I'm fairly certain no one knows the code. If I do a factory reset, then I can set the damn thing and write it down somewhere.
---
The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep
#2RenamonPosted 7/29/2013 12:15:21 AM
Spending a whopping 30 seconds on google turned this up:

http://www.ehow.com/how_4870387_reset-parental-contol-password-xbox.html

Although whether or not it works, I don't know. Would seem kind of lame to have a master reset code as it would be too easy for little Johnny to get that code and punch it in and play an M rated game against his parents' wishes.
---
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games
#3glassghost0Posted 7/29/2013 12:20:12 AM
Beidha posted...
Someone put the stupid family settings on the console and I'm fairly certain no one knows the code. If I do a factory reset, then I can set the damn thing and write it down somewhere.

Your parents put that block on your console so that you wouldn't play bad games. Respect your parents wishes.
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#4ChipChippersonPosted 7/29/2013 3:42:04 AM
You've gotta call MS customer service. I ran into the same problem with a used 360 I bought and not a single one of the solutions I found online worked.
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.
#5este914Posted 7/29/2013 6:57:29 AM
ChipChipperson posted...
You've gotta call MS customer service. I ran into the same problem with a used 360 I bought and not a single one of the solutions I found online worked.

So what was it that you did to make it work?
---
--> [ *este914* ] <--
Myth. Man. Legend.
#6Banana_ManaPosted 7/29/2013 7:05:02 AM
este914 posted...
ChipChipperson posted...

So what was it that you did to make it work?

He called MS customer service.
---
Top Ten E3 Announcements:
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/2013/06/top-bananas-e3-ten-best-e3-2013.html
#7Beidha(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2013 11:25:10 AM
glassghost0 posted...
Beidha posted...

Your parents put that block on your console so that you wouldn't play bad games. Respect your parents wishes.

Thanks, but I'm 19. I bought those games, so I can play them if I want.
---
#8KrazyTheKlown10Posted 7/29/2013 11:39:20 AM
Beidha posted...
glassghost0 posted...
Beidha posted...

Confirmed 14 year old.
---
You're Pretty Good!
#9Beidha(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2013 12:49:20 PM
KrazyTheKlown10 posted...
Beidha posted...
glassghost0 posted...
Beidha posted...

Confirmed 14 year old.

Okay, thanks for being useful.
---
#10Banana_ManaPosted 7/29/2013 10:46:41 PM
Beidha posted...
KrazyTheKlown10 posted...
Beidha posted...
glassghost0 posted...
Beidha posted...

Confirmed 14 year old.

Okay, thanks for being useful.

Have you bothered to call MS customer service yet?
---
Top Ten E3 Announcements:
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/2013/06/top-bananas-e3-ten-best-e3-2013.html