This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How many 360s sold were replacements?

#1Dannyson97Posted 7/29/2013 8:00:05 AM
I know the red ring is a thing of the past and my 1st Xbox 360 was the slim model. But it seems that the red ring was a big problem. Could the replacements people bought be a considerable factor to the units sold? Reason I'm asking I know people who blew through three 360's.
#2SunDevil77Posted 7/29/2013 8:05:02 AM
The ones Microsoft replaced for free do not count towards the stats.
---
Justice...is what I seek, Kemosabe.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#3SolidStryderPosted 7/29/2013 8:07:47 AM
ALL of them lolol
#4este914Posted 7/29/2013 8:28:18 AM
Got a used white system from Gamestop some years ago but now it is REALLY slow to turn on. Once it's up and running it's fine, but in the beginning it's so slow now...
---
--> [ *este914* ] <--
Myth. Man. Legend.
#5syphoned_edgePosted 7/29/2013 8:45:08 AM
Dannyson97 posted...
I know the red ring is a thing of the past and my 1st Xbox 360 was the slim model. But it seems that the red ring was a big problem. Could the replacements people bought be a considerable factor to the units sold? Reason I'm asking I know people who blew through three 360's.

I went through three of them each was unable to be serviced under warranty due to me owning it for longer than a year. Wasn't prepared to send it off for a fee.
#6TheBlueStigPosted 7/29/2013 9:03:27 AM
Dannyson97 posted...

New user, 1 month old account, dunno if I should give a serious answer....

If you made this topic just to troll sales numbers, realize something, a huge amount of the numbers of PS2 systems sold were replacement systems because of the DRE problems and the way that Sony deliberately designed the systems to fail by not sealing the laser cores and placing them in the path of the airflow so they could clog up with dust.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#7Dannyson97(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2013 10:37:39 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
Dannyson97 posted...

New user, 1 month old account, dunno if I should give a serious answer....

If you made this topic just to troll sales numbers, realize something, a huge amount of the numbers of PS2 systems sold were replacement systems because of the DRE problems and the way that Sony deliberately designed the systems to fail by not sealing the laser cores and placing them in the path of the airflow so they could clog up with dust.

Well be that is it may, have you seen how many PS2 were sold? Even if a third of those were replacements it still would've outsold the competition.
I'm trying not to sound like a troll, just curious.
#8glassghost0Posted 7/29/2013 10:40:31 AM
Let me respond with a question:

Who gives a f***?
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#9SheepinatorPosted 7/29/2013 10:57:44 AM
Surely most of the RROD machines were repaired and are still in circulation somewhere?
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#10656stoogePosted 7/29/2013 11:00:37 AM
Would have to be at least 12 of them. Possibly more.
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.