This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I think I'm being paranoid about my slim...

#1ptreemf12Posted 8/1/2013 1:33:24 PM
I swear it's not as quiet as it used to be. I install all my games and never play from the disc, but I feel like the fan noise is starting to get excessive. It's not obnoxiously loud (which is why I think I'm being paranoid) but I once you hear something, you can't unhear it. It sounds very high pitched and almost buzzy. It keeps me thinking something is wrong with it.

I don't want to blow it out of proportion or anything, and the console runs just fine. I probably shouldn't even worry about it eh? Maybe it's because I sit so close to the console.

Been comparing my Wii U and slim fan noise, and it seems like the Wii U is quieter (not reading discs of course). Not sure if that's normal. I hate when I get obsessive over things like this! XD
---
Every dang time...
#2orangeneePosted 8/1/2013 1:35:47 PM
That's just wear and tear. Mine also is a little louder than it used to be a year ago.
---
Official Official of the Official board!!!
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#3TheBlueStigPosted 8/1/2013 1:37:20 PM
If it's still under warranty you can either send it to Microsoft or just leave it be. But you won't be getting your system back, they'll just send you someone else's already repaired system.

If your warranty is expired, open it up and clean it out, the noise you're hearing is most likely a ton of dust.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#4ptreemf12(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2013 1:40:28 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
If it's still under warranty you can either send it to Microsoft or just leave it be. But you won't be getting your system back, they'll just send you someone else's already repaired system.

If your warranty is expired, open it up and clean it out, the noise you're hearing is most likely a ton of dust.

Yeah the warranty is expired. It's also a limited edition slim, so no way I'm sending it in. That and I don't think it's "broken." Just paranoia.

Is opening it up easy to do? I don't want to break anything. O.o Probably a lot of dust in there in all honesty. I keep it clean, but a household cat complicates matters when it comes to dust.
---
Every dang time...
#5TwistedxL3G3NDPosted 8/1/2013 1:40:38 PM
TheBlueStig posted...

Really? I've sent my Xbox in twice and both times I got my exact same console. I could tell because it had scratches on the disc tray.
---
Hey guise look at my PC specs I'm sure you all care!