This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone here like Alpha Protocol?

#1simonbelmont2Posted 8/1/2013 3:37:28 PM
Alpha Protocol is a game I often read about when I go to forums or game websites. People praise how it handles story and player decisions even though the game has flaws too.

Anyone here play it?
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#2DebaserZeroPosted 8/1/2013 3:41:34 PM
I never finished it but I mostly liked what I played. I should fire it up and play the rest of it
#3orangeneePosted 8/1/2013 3:46:20 PM
Yes. Many times in fact. I may get it again in fact.

Just imagine if Obsidian were actually allowed to finish a game......
---
Official Official of the Official board!!!
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#4simonbelmont2(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2013 3:46:25 PM
DebaserZero posted...
I never finished it but I mostly liked what I played. I should fire it up and play the rest of it

Same here mate, I started it years ago but I then played something else and forgot about it. I am tempted to give it another go.
---
#5vigorm0rtisPosted 8/1/2013 3:46:44 PM
Yeah, loved it. Probably has the most 'role-play' of any role-playing game this gen. Mechanics were wonky until you levelled up, but IMO it's one of this gen's underappreciated gems.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF http://i.imgur.com/D9R0iaQ.gif
#6simonbelmont2(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2013 3:47:36 PM
orangenee posted...
Yes. Many times in fact. I may get it again in fact.

Just imagine if Obsidian were actually allowed to finish a game......

So true man, I read the story about all the trouble during its development. What a shame Obsidian were rushed and not allowed to finish it.
---
#7VI_CoursePosted 8/1/2013 3:48:32 PM
One of the best games ever. It's one of the few games that claim "your actions have consequences" and actually means it. It puts the choice system in games such as Fallout 3 to shame.
---
Through the lights cameras and action, glamour glitters and gold
I unfold the scroll, plant seeds to stampede the globe
#8simonbelmont2(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2013 3:49:29 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
Yeah, loved it. Probably has the most 'role-play' of any role-playing game this gen. Mechanics were wonky until you levelled up, but IMO it's one of this gen's underappreciated gems.

It does seem very underappreciated! I can't think of many modern games that place so much emphasis on the role-playing aspects and player choice.
---
#9simonbelmont2(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2013 3:52:24 PM
VI_Course posted...
One of the best games ever. It's one of the few games that claim "your actions have consequences" and actually means it. It puts the choice system in games such as Fallout 3 to shame.

Yeah, I love that, it makes things so much more interesting. The player can do multiple playthroughs and experience all the different things that can happen based on player choices.
---
#10WinternovaPosted 8/1/2013 3:54:03 PM
It's a highly-flawed, fun game. Just play the game the way it was made - don't try to play it like a cover shooter and you'll be fine.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)