This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sony, Samsung, and Panasonic TV's for gaming?

#1CaIiber345Posted 8/1/2013 7:04:00 PM
Yes, another TV topic. Yes, I was looking at CNET earlier. :D

I'm thinking about replacing my current TV, as Im having issues with what I suspect is burn-in. I have these ghost lines that appear whenever the screen has dark areas. It's also starting to show through on light areas. It is admittedly a bargain brand (Insignia) that's about three years old. I admittedly left some games paused for long periods of time in the past, and while I'll experience image persistence here and again, it generally clears up. These lines aren't really solid, but instead blurry, if that makes sense. (It's not like the hard lines of objects in, say, Minecraft.)

http://www.insigniaproducts.com/products/televisions/NS-L42Q-10A.html

What are your experiences with the above three brands and gaming? I'm probably sticking to 42" and my budget will be $1000-1200 maximum.

Thanks for your thoughts and opinions!
---
My Rockstar Games sports:
GTA IV: Sidewalk Driving | RDR: Cougars & Dynamite | GTA V: Jet Fighter Deer Hunting
#2GrimKusanagiPosted 8/1/2013 7:23:17 PM
I love my Sony Bravia. Pic quality is awesome. My aunt has a Samsung and it is close to my Sonys quality but I'd still have to give it to the Sony. No experience with a Panasonic.
---
GT: GrimKusanagi / Current Playing: Dragon's Dogma
Pawn: Blade / Male Warrior
#3velvet_hammerPosted 8/1/2013 7:26:03 PM
Sony and Samsung are very good quality
---
#4ShamblerQPosted 8/1/2013 7:44:25 PM
I've heard that an Aquos Tv is very good for gaming (Quality and input lag wise). If you're not a serious competitive gamer, then you don't need to worry about input lag on your tvs.
#5TheKyubiPosted 8/1/2013 8:30:47 PM
For that amount of budget, you can get a larger size than 42". You won't regret it! I am gaming on a 50" plasma and it is glorious!
---
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l3roebfYWS1qam9fco1_500.jpg
PSN: TzEx0dus Xbox Live: Imm0ral Knight
#6Carribean_CoolPosted 8/1/2013 9:32:57 PM
TheKyubi posted...
For that amount of budget, you can get a larger size than 42". You won't regret it! I am gaming on a 50" plasma and it is glorious!

Plasmas are prone to image burn ins though aren't they?
---
Snitsky's Condoms. If she get's pregnant, it's not your fault.
#7ReggieBush09Posted 8/1/2013 9:37:30 PM
Vizio looks fine in my room. I mean I'm playing every type of game that's popular COD, NBA 2k13, FIFA. I'm saying if you're gaming on a budget. I would have a bigger screen 40 and up I'm on a 26 and it's kinda small :(
---
Reg
#8CaIiber345(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2013 9:47:56 PM
TheKyubi posted...

42" is good in my living room. I'd try 46" but nothing more than that.

And while I've read that many of plasma's original issues have been corrected over the years, I'm just still not keen on getting one. :/ *shrugs*
---
My Rockstar Games sports:
GTA IV: Sidewalk Driving | RDR: Cougars & Dynamite | GTA V: Jet Fighter Deer Hunting
#9NeoGeoXSegaPosted 8/1/2013 10:37:47 PM
This year Sony tops Samsung in LCD/LEDs
Panasonic is good too, but only their plasmas.
---
"gone are the days of creativity, and playing japanese games because you secretly wish you were japanese" -CinisterX
#10vigorm0rtisPosted 8/1/2013 11:08:47 PM
Carribean_Cool posted...
TheKyubi posted...

Plasmas are prone to image burn ins though aren't they?

Not so much anymore. It's still possible but you'd really have to abuse that TV.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF http://i.imgur.com/D9R0iaQ.gif