This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sorry, but the Xbox Live Gold Free games are EMBARRASSING!!

#1badmanneilPosted 8/1/2013 11:55:22 PM
Seriously, not one good game has been made free since they announced this at E3. I just turned on my xbox and the original crackdown is the free game this month.. Seriously crackdown??! we all got this game to play the Halo 3 beta and now they are giving it away for free.. I would of been happier with Crackdown 2... Or any other game for that matter!!

#Thisisoutrageous
---
Gamertag: Krazzy Bananas
#2SaikredPosted 8/1/2013 11:57:37 PM
badmanneil posted...
Seriously, not one good game has been made free since they announced this at E3. I just turned on my xbox and the original crackdown is the free game this month.. Seriously crackdown??! we all got this game to play the Halo 3 beta and now they are giving it away for free.. I would of been happier with Crackdown 2... Or any other game for that matter!!

#Thisisoutrageous

Agreed.
---
Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know.
Live or die on this day... Live or die on this day
#3VeryDarkSoulPosted 8/1/2013 11:57:51 PM
yeah it is. That defense tower game was even worse. And fable 3 was a joke. They've been giving away fable 3 for free with xbox systems for YEARS. Even harm's way and dorito's crash course are more fun.
---
Ron Paul 2012
#4badmanneil(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2013 12:05:35 AM
YES!!! Fable 3 was a joke release.. Why even do this if they are just going to offer this crap up!!
---
Gamertag: Krazzy Bananas
#5damien91Posted 8/2/2013 12:13:00 AM
You guys need to watch your sodium levels. I haven't owned a single one of these games yet and I'm not going to turn down freebies.
---
XBL GT: Falco2073 PSN: Falco2073
#6DrFeelgood1984Posted 8/2/2013 12:13:12 AM
Fable 3, Defense Grid, and Assassin's Creed II were pretty pathetic. I haven't played Crackdown, but it looks kinda fun so I'll reserve judgment on that and Dead Rising. Overall, pretty disappointing so far. And it's cute when people act like Microsoft is not in direct competition with SONY with this "free game" stuff. Sony has been doing it, and doing it better for a long time.
#7darkharePosted 8/2/2013 12:13:54 AM
badmanneil posted...

#Thisisoutrageous

and if it would have been "any other game for that matter", you would have complained about that one too. these topics and the people that keep making them are boring..

---
The future of Console Gaming, are the gamers. vote with your $!
#8flame030191Posted 8/2/2013 12:14:18 AM
damien91 posted...
You guys need to watch your sodium levels. I haven't owned a single one of these games yet and I'm not going to turn down freebies.

Not trying to sound like a troll here, but quite honestly, saying "it's free so you can't complain" or anything along those lines is really funny. If someone offered you a McDouble that's been sitting in the sun for 2 days, would you happily take it?
---
PSN ID: armyflame (formerly Troll_Face_Flame) X360 gamertag: That Guy Flame
Call of Duty 2 is still the best of the series.
#9Banana_ManaPosted 8/2/2013 12:19:20 AM
Ahem.

I never bought Crackdown... Didn't interest me, but now that it's free I'll give it a go.

Not a big Halo fan, so didn't buy Halo 3 - will also give it a shot.

Bought Fable III at release... Sold it a few months later, along with fable II. Was happy that it was made free as I've been wanting to play a Fable of late... Any will do - III is actually a lot better than I remember!

Already own and love Defense Grid, so passed on it. But, a great game that deserves attention.

Assassin's Creed 2 is the best in the series, imo. I got bored with Revelations and didn't finish it - didn't even bother to buy 3, and won't be buying the new one. Anyway, I fully completed 2, so didn't DL it... But it is a great game, and should have been snapped up by those who missed it.

So... I'm pretty happy with the free games so far!

Don't particularly care for Dead Rising 2 - thought it was terrible... One of the worst 360 games I have bought - I sold it after a few weeks, because I hated it. The original was so much fun as well.

I have already added 2 games to my collection (Crackdown / Fable III) - games that I will play - and will be adding at least 1 more - Halo.

I do have a question though, what games would actually make you guys happy?

I see this as a case of damned if you do, damned if you don't... No matter what Microsoft offer, this place will be full of complaints.
---
Top Ten E3 Announcements:
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/2013/06/top-bananas-e3-ten-best-e3-2013.html
#10Banana_ManaPosted 8/2/2013 12:19:55 AM
darkhare posted...
badmanneil posted...

#Thisisoutrageous

and if it would have been "any other game for that matter", you would have complained about that one too. these topics and the people that keep making them are boring..

This.
---
Top Ten E3 Announcements:
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/2013/06/top-bananas-e3-ten-best-e3-2013.html