This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sorry, but the Xbox Live Gold Free games are EMBARRASSING!!

#31656stoogePosted 8/2/2013 2:37:30 AM
The_Rater posted...
That's just because their aren't many good Xbox 360 games to begin with.

Don't start with that. It makes everyone assume that every poster that doesn't like the games on offer is a troll. The 360 has tons of great games, it's just they're not offering them up.
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
#32Tube_of_NoobPosted 8/2/2013 2:46:26 AM
I have to also agree with the tc on this topic. While Crackdown is a fantastic game, and I mean that genuinly, but it came out a long time ago. It just seems like they are insulting our intelligence by releasing forgotten games to help their ongoing PR problems. Imagine if MS released some games from the last few years then all these MS fans could really say suck it Sony. It's the same thing with the birthday present from the rewards program I got a few weeks ago. 20 msp, really? Thats a quarter; thats just f'n insulting. I have invested probably a couple thousand dollars into Xbox and they cant spring for an arcade game?

I know I will get the "this damn new entitled generation think they deserve everything," but I am actually a generation X'er. So I'm not affraid to voice my opinion and call bull**** when I see it.

Back on topic. Isnt MS really trying to push Mirrors Edge 2 during E3? Why not give the first Mirrors Edge? Why not Gears 3 which is not that old but is old enough, and has a great MP.
---
One among the Fence
Currently Playing: Blops 2 & L.A. Noire
#33656stoogePosted 8/2/2013 2:54:17 AM
Even a few indie games from past Summer of Arcades would be nice. And why not give people the option between two or three games, and then offer the other two at a discounted price for that month?
---
#34OverburdenedPosted 8/2/2013 2:57:02 AM
656stooge posted...
Even a few indie games from past Summer of Arcades would be nice. And why not give people the option between two or three games, and then offer the other two at a discounted price for that month?

Because that's just silly and reasonable, you're such a crumpet.
---
Obliteration never felt so divine._
Crappy spelling due to my iPod.
#35TheRobPosted 8/2/2013 3:03:06 AM(edited)
Overburdened posted...
656stooge posted...

Because that's just silly and reasonable, you're such a crumpet.

I find getting free games in general reasonable, but sure, let's say they went with 656stooge's idea. People would still complain, that's just how it is. People would complain that all of the choices should be free and whatever they gave us would be either MS being "cheap 'ol Microsoft" or "shady, trying to sell us sequels and DLC". There is no winning with the majority of the type of people who're complaining. Most of them are not reasonable and don't care to be. They just want to be catered to solely, screw everyone else.

---
The People's Heel
IF YA SMEELLLALALAO..WHAT THE ROB IS COOKING !!!
'B-|
#36singhellotakuPosted 8/2/2013 3:06:22 AM
I bought every single one of these games the better part of a decade ago, free gold games are a joke so far
#37656stoogePosted 8/2/2013 3:07:17 AM
TheRob posted...

I find getting free games in general reasonable, but sure, let's say they went with 656stooge's idea. People would still complain, that's just how it is. People would complain that all of the choices should be free and whatever they gave us would be either MS being "cheap 'ol Microsoft" or "shady, trying to sell us sequels and DLC". There is no winning with the majority of the type of people who're complaining. Most of them are not reasonable and don't care to be. They just want to be catered to solely, screw everyone else.

You don't see people complaining about Steam sales, and you don't see half as many people complaining about PS+ anymore. I think it's unreasonable to label all criticism as just people whinging for the sake of it.
The only things improve is if people speak up. And no one can argue that after the last few months.
---
#38SunDevil77Posted 8/2/2013 3:30:24 AM
You know what's f***ing outrageous?
Hashtags.
---
Justice...is what I seek, Kemosabe.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#39656stoogePosted 8/2/2013 3:35:42 AM(edited)
SunDevil77 posted...
Hashtags.

What are hastags? Serious question. I'm getting older and don't have time to learn what the new lingo means.
---
#40SunDevil77Posted 8/2/2013 3:38:54 AM
656stooge posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
Hashtags.

What are hastags? Serious question. I'm getting older and don't have time to learn what the new lingo means.

The "#" TC used. Originated from Twitter. Commonly used by teenage girls. Example: "Boyfriend dumped me #WHATEVER"
---
Justice...is what I seek, Kemosabe.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539