This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox 360 Slim 250GB freezes, lights and more !!!!!

#1DarkhorseActualPosted 8/3/2013 8:11:42 AM
Right now my Xbox won't even display an imagine and if and when it does, I can play for all of about 2-5 mins before the system freezes with like a checker board static look on the screen. One time the system gave me a solid ring of red but it's hard to tell on the newer systems (

What do I do now? I thought these newer ones were good, any ideas?
---
GT: ThatguyFromDOOM (no XBL gold until march 15th)
3rd Btn 2nd Marines - kilo co. 2009-2012
#2TheBlueStigPosted 8/3/2013 8:57:19 AM(edited)
Overheating, possibly clogged with dust or it's possible you burned off all the heatsink paste and the heatsink isn't working right anymore.

If it's still in warranty send it to MS, let them fix it, just move all the data off the internal memory to the HDD and pull your HDD before you send it to them because you won't be getting your system back, you'll be getting someone else's already repaired system back.

---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#3Dragon NexusPosted 8/3/2013 10:10:37 AM
DarkhorseActual posted...
I can play for all of about 2-5 mins before the system freezes with like a checker board static look on the screen.

Sounds like a graphical issue.

One time the system gave me a solid ring of red but it's hard to tell on the newer systems

Or a troll, seeing as how the 360 S doesn't get a solid red ring.
But I'll give the benefit of the doube. Was it a red dot on the power light? If so it's as Stig says and it's over heating. Though I doubt it's due to the heat sink paste drying up.
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#4TheBlueStigPosted 8/3/2013 10:13:33 AM
Dragon Nexus posted...
I can play for all of about 2-5 mins before the system freezes with like a checker board static look on the screen.

Sounds like a graphical issue.

One time the system gave me a solid ring of red but it's hard to tell on the newer systems

Or a troll, seeing as how the 360 S doesn't get a solid red ring.
But I'll give the benefit of the doube. Was it a red dot on the power light? If so it's as Stig says and it's over heating. Though I doubt it's due to the heat sink paste drying up.

If it's only lasting a few minutes, that's a sign that the heatsink isn't doing it's job correctly, and the only ways that can happen is if the paste is burned off, or the heatsink clamps are broken.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#5DarkhorseActual(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2013 11:03:32 AM
Brother I'm far from a troll, I've been a Microsoft fanboy since 2004 ;P

And yeah I mean, it's just the touch button thing is red that's the best way I can describe it man Nd the little "power" symbol is red too
---
#6Dragon NexusPosted 8/3/2013 12:38:00 PM
Brother I'm far from a troll, I've been a Microsoft fanboy since 2004 ;P

And yeah I mean, it's just the touch button thing is red that's the best way I can describe it man Nd the little "power" symbol is red too

Well that's an overheating issue then.
How open is the huge vent on the side? How much surrounding space does the console have?
---
#7DarkhorseActual(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2013 3:39:49 PM
Well it's working now :)
---
#8Dragon NexusPosted 8/3/2013 4:13:58 PM
I would hold out hope for it lasting long.
---
#9Yorkshire_14Posted 8/3/2013 4:16:29 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
Overheating, possibly clogged with dust or it's possible you burned off all the heatsink paste and the heatsink isn't working right anymore.

If it's still in warranty send it to MS, let them fix it, just move all the data off the internal memory to the HDD and pull your HDD before you send it to them because you won't be getting your system back, you'll be getting someone else's already repaired system back.

The first time I sent my Xbox to Microsoft I left my HDD on it and I got It back.
---
Currently Playing: MARVEL: Ultimate Alliance
Playing Next: Mass Effect 3 (with DLC)