This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This late in the systems lifespan, is it worth it to buy a slim 360?

#1iron_defensePosted 8/3/2013 10:49:08 PM(edited)
I do not plan on buying the XBONE or PS4 for at least 2-3 years after release. My main concern is GTA5 at the moment. My original 360 is dead now, RROD after owning it for 4 and a half years. I've been using a friends 360 for the past month, but once he goes back to med school in a couple weeks he'll be taking his system to school with him.

I also have a PS3. My friends tell me just get GTAV on PS3 and don't buy another system, but I only use PS3 for exclusive. I really prefer the XBOX controller. But at the same time I'll feel like a tool for buying a 250 dollar system just to use my preferred controller. Is buying a used XBOX a generally bad idea?

I'd like to save some money anyway I can here.
---
"Nature can suck on these nuts."-beardface21
#2CammyApplePosted 8/3/2013 11:03:55 PM
Buy a controller adapter.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#3lavagolem123Posted 8/3/2013 11:06:12 PM
I mean, unless you have some games that you'd REALLY like to replay on the 360, I'd pass on buying another. Seeing as you don't plan to buy one of the next gen systems for a while, I figured that 's what's gonna keep you busy for the most part. I sure as hell would like to have that extra $250 go to other things that are a bit higher on the priority list anyways.

Then again, there's always Ebay if you're into that kinda thing. I got my PS3 a while ago off of it and it works just fine without any problems, plus it only cost $150 shipping included (might've been free). Who knows, maybe you can find one that's a good deal cheaper? Then you could have your cake and eat it too!
---
Leggo my Eggo? Pshhhh. ROFFLE my waffles! >_>
#4Pacman2dxPosted 8/4/2013 12:37:00 AM
If you don't plan on going next generation for a few years then buying a 360 shouldn't really be an issue for you, you'd be able to use the controller of choice and some good games are bound to still come out for the system. Plus you have the added bonus of creating a backlog with great games that are really cheap.
---
XBL - FA7ALtheGOD / PSN - FATALtheGOD
Well that's like, your opinion man.
#5iron_defense(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2013 9:21:57 AM
That's another problem. I have a serious backlog of 360 games, that I won't be able to play. Rebuying them on PS3 is even more stupid than buying another 360.
---
"Nature can suck on these nuts."-beardface21
#6pyrokinesis666Posted 8/4/2013 10:12:14 AM
if you can afford it, then yes it's still worth it, especially if you have a big backlog
---
live tag: XxPyRoKiNeTiCxX
#7Pacman2dxPosted 8/4/2013 3:52:28 PM
iron_defense posted...
That's another problem. I have a serious backlog of 360 games, that I won't be able to play. Rebuying them on PS3 is even more stupid than buying another 360.

Oh well if you already have a backlog of 360 games, it's not that difficult of a decision. Just buy the 360 and keep the PS3 for exclusives - especially since you don't plan on jumping into the next generation too soon.
---
XBL - FA7ALtheGOD / PSN - FATALtheGOD
Well that's like, your opinion man.
#8NeoGeoXSegaPosted 8/6/2013 7:49:22 PM
CammyApple posted...
Buy a controller adapter.

Yeah, there is this one that is basically a usb stick & costs $50.00.
Just plug it in & you can use 360 controllers on a PS3 & vice versa.
---
"gone are the days of creativity, and playing japanese games because you secretly wish you were japanese" -CinisterX