This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What was the explanation for super jumps in Halo 2?

#1Krzd3vilPosted 8/9/2013 4:49:17 PM
If you ever played Halo 2's multiplayer, you'll definitely know what super jumps were. So, why was it that this specific little ritual activated you to do a super jump? Like, crouch here, jump on the crack while holding crouch and let go at the last second. How did anyone ever figure this guide you had to do and why does it happen in the first place?
#2infinitexxPosted 8/9/2013 6:21:51 PM
You were getting the z coordinates of your character set inside the floor.

As for how it was found, someone accidentally did it (I've had it happen accidentally a few times, though never in useful places), then figured out how to reliably trigger it.
---
You can't make an omelette without crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning.
#3Splice_Posted 8/9/2013 6:26:04 PM
I'd chalk it up to hasty programming. Although a great game it was, they didn't have enough time and it shows in the second half of the single player and in the little glitches in multi. How about the extreme sword lunge? Nothing like flying at someone from a maps length away with a sword like you're in an anime. Or all the out-of-map exploits that would make games run super long. Still, some of the best multiplayer ever made.
#4Krzd3vil(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2013 6:36:00 PM
I loved sword canceling, I'd get a friend and explore everywhere in the maps. Miss those times. This was one hell of a multiplayer.
#5TheBlueStigPosted 8/9/2013 6:45:41 PM
Splice_ posted...
I'd chalk it up to hasty programming.

This.

The whole game was rushed together in just 6 months.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#6xMythicPosted 8/9/2013 7:28:00 PM
Krzd3vil posted...
I loved sword canceling, I'd get a friend and explore everywhere in the maps. Miss those times. This was one hell of a multiplayer.

Lol me too. My friends and I would spend hours getting to places we weren't supposed to go. Custom games back in those days so much fun because of stuff like that. It was even funner to do it in the campaign hoping to find some undiscovered easter egg.
---
GT: xMythic
Go Gators!
#7Krzd3vil(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2013 8:43:27 PM
xMythic posted...
Krzd3vil posted...

Lol me too. My friends and I would spend hours getting to places we weren't supposed to go. Custom games back in those days so much fun because of stuff like that. It was even funner to do it in the campaign hoping to find some undiscovered easter egg.

Yeah, custom games were great, I remember this one called Tower of Power, forgot most of it but it was on Ascension and everyone on the tower has shottys and defends it from people with swords, I think. It was so easier getting a group of people together, you could invite one person you actually know and end up with randoms everywhere. It seems like that's impossible to do now, though.