This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

having a tv with low input lag makes a big difference.

#1leViticus0Posted 8/10/2013 2:38:39 PM
picked up the Toshiba 50l1350u on sale about a month ago at Best buy for 600$. Which according to Cnet has 32ms of input lag which is considered great for gaming. It replaced another Toshiba led that had 64ms of input lag which is considered bad for gaming.

I would never have thought that having 32ms less of input lag would have made that much of a difference. But let me tell you it does especially playing online my KD ratio on battlefield 3 has more than doubled since ive gotten this new Tv. Its also easier to pull moves and combos in fighting games. Wow literally a split second makes a big difference.
#2RenamonPosted 8/10/2013 3:14:33 PM
Yeah it does. Also check to see if the tv has a game mode you can turn on, that can help too.

I just don't like how when I turn on game mode on my tv, I can't adjust any settings.
---
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games
#3thecougPosted 8/10/2013 3:23:46 PM
Low input lag is huge. I had a 38 inch Vizio LCD 60hz HDTV and most FPSes were unplayable. I recently upgraded to a 42 inch Samsung LCD 120hz HDTV, which is an improvement, but I still have to turn on Game Mode to get rid of all input lag.
---
The Coug abides.
XBL Gamertag: TheC0ug | Currently Playing: BioShock, State of Decay