This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What percent of people avoid playing with you ?

#1cjsdowgPosted 8/11/2013 8:47:27 AM
33% of people avoid me, yet under details have have all 0s . So why would so many people avoid me ? Heck I don't even play on live that much .

This that many people avoiding you normal ?
---
Bender: Well, everybody, I just saved a turtle. What have you done with your lives?
#2Luke_the_Duke15Posted 8/11/2013 9:07:57 AM
It may be you've only had 3 people review you.

Last I checked I had 20% avoid me, and I'm pretty sure I only have 5 people who have submitted a review. I'm also pretty sure it was someone on Halo 3, thinking I sucked at the game. And I do. That's something I never really liked about online multiplayer. You try to jump in and you get your ass kicked because everyone's better than you, and you don't get a chance to get any better other than playing the campaign (if the campaign does have the same base gameplay as the multiplayer) because everyone just tears you apart in seconds. It's even worse on CoD. I can at least do a little better than bad on Halo, but I can't even get one kill in CoD.

And just because I know someone will read this into this, I'll save you some time: I suck at first-person shooters and that's one of the reasons why I don't like them.
---
The Duke has spoken!
#3cjsdowg(Topic Creator)Posted 8/11/2013 9:11:05 AM
Oh if you can be avoid due to sucking.. I guess that is it . I just started playing street fighter 4 and have been getting my butt handed to me life and right . I mean I don't even have mic so I couldn't understand this .
---
Bender: Well, everybody, I just saved a turtle. What have you done with your lives?
#4BlueJester007Posted 8/11/2013 9:12:33 AM
49% people avoid me.

I just play games. I don't really pay attention to what others think of my playstyle.

I don't really play online games a whole lot anyway. It is all about the campaign.
---
What's in between the two Alt keys (Command keys if you are a Mac user) on your keyboard?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6aiz-La3g4
#5GTJonnyMnemonicPosted 8/11/2013 9:16:56 AM
I was 72% avoided last time I looked, but I really wouldn't worry about it as the whole system is pointless, I've had a few friends that hit 90%+ avoided and nothing ever come of it, I think it was just implemented to allow users to blow off a bit of steam when they lose.
#6Luke_the_Duke15Posted 8/11/2013 9:20:39 AM
Yeah, people can avoid you based on skill, but I think the only ones that affect your reputation are unfair playing (which includes hacking), unsportsmanlike playing, trash talking, anything that has a percentage next to it. Strangely enough, I ran into a hacker on Dark Souls that had a 5 star rep. I'm pretty sure he was a hacker because he was a melee character with next to no armor, and my attacks were doing almost no damage. I might be missing something, because I don't see the depth of builds in the game everyone else does, but I also had a pretty powerful weapon too. I wouldn't have submitted a player review, but just a couple minutes after he killed me, I got invaded by him again, and I just thought to myself, "Okay, I don't want to fight this guy over and over again." I sometimes wish there was an option to opt out of invasions in that game other than playing offline or playing hollow.
---
The Duke has spoken!
#7BlueJester007Posted 8/11/2013 9:22:18 AM
GTJonnyMnemonic posted...
I was 72% avoided last time I looked, but I really wouldn't worry about it as the whole system is pointless, I've had a few friends that hit 90%+ avoided and nothing ever come of it, I think it was just implemented to allow users to blow off a bit of steam when they lose.

This. I have only pressed the "Avoid this player" button once. It was on RE5 Mercenaries. My partner was deliberately trying to kill me.
---
What's in between the two Alt keys (Command keys if you are a Mac user) on your keyboard?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6aiz-La3g4
#8Dragon NexusPosted 8/11/2013 11:49:26 AM
I imagine some users think they can get someone banned by hitting the "trash talk" or similar options if enough people do it. They're wrong, of course.
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#9SunDevil77Posted 8/11/2013 11:50:35 AM
I got like 40% avoiding. Almost all of my complaints are quitting early from the Halo 3 days. My internet was quite wonky back then.
---
Justice...is what I seek, Kemosabe.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#10Viper187666Posted 8/11/2013 1:26:58 PM(edited)
I'm like 65%, last I checked. I mainly only ever play Halo Reach. I've stopped playing with randoms, so that number is going to stay there. People never play Firefight (co-op) properly in that game. If you take too many kills, they shoot you, if you sit back and snipe, they shoot you off your ledge, etc. They try to idle and hide for free XP/Perfectionist commendation. Very few people play the game right. It's sickening the devs allow it to continue.

Avoiding people is pointless anyway. I used to avoid the idlers in firefight and still get matched with them multiple times throughout the day.