This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Action/adventure, shooters with the best offline replay value?

#1Ray_AP_36Posted 8/12/2013 5:40:16 AM
I don't like to rely on playing online to extend the replay value of a given game, since I tend to prefer playing by myself instead of on Xbox Live.

Which games should I look for that have offline modes to add to the replay value, as opposed to simply replaying story mode? Survival modes (like Bloody Palace in DmC, or Mission Mode in Ninja Gaiden), challenge modes (like the Batman: Arkham games), etc.

Thanks in advance.
---
I hereby renounce my faith to the false prophet Beth Phoenix, and kneel before CM Punk-- a true god amongst men. #ChurchofPunk
#2InfaRiotSquadPosted 8/12/2013 5:46:41 AM
Vanquish has a challenge mode which can drive you insane and MGR:R has VR missions. Thats all i can think of off the top of my head.
#3pothocketPosted 8/12/2013 5:50:35 AM
Left 4 Dead 1 with bots. Each level takes about an hour and they are infinitely replayable. No cutscenes or narrative, these aren't "campaigns". Just pure shooting bliss.

The second game isn't as good playing solo because the AI isn't designed properly to handle certain sections.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#4Ray_AP_36(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2013 5:52:42 AM
InfaRiotSquad posted...
Vanquish has a challenge mode which can drive you insane

I had Vanquish, and I'll admit that I don't remember the challenge mode that well, but I wanna say it was kinda easy. Or maybe something else about it bugged me. Maybe it was more predictable than easy, not sure. But thanks for the quick response-- I'll definitely look into both.

More suggestions are welcomed.
---
I hereby renounce my faith to the false prophet Beth Phoenix, and kneel before CM Punk-- a true god amongst men. #ChurchofPunk
#5Ray_AP_36(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2013 5:54:12 AM
pothocket posted...
Left 4 Dead 1 with bots. Each level takes about an hour and they are infinitely replayable. No cutscenes or narrative, these aren't "campaigns". Just pure shooting bliss.

Ah, very nice. This is another thing I like-- when a game features multiplayer-like modes that one can play against bots as opposed to other humans online.
---
#6InfaRiotSquadPosted 8/12/2013 6:01:07 AM
You must be amazing at Vanquish, because Challenge 6 is the reason a lot of ppl break controllers. Granted the first 5 arent too hard and dont really prepare you for the bs of 6. The game also has leaderboards for story and challenges which for me its always fun to compete with friends scores /times.
#7Tube_of_NoobPosted 8/12/2013 6:08:26 AM
Gears 2/3 have multiplayer bots and Horde mode; which are a blast to play. Borderlands 1/2 are a ton of fun offline also.
---
One among the Fence
Currently Playing: Blops 2 & L.A. Noire
#8dtmrPosted 8/12/2013 6:09:29 AM
I'd suggest Borderlands 2, if you don't mind the role playing elements.
---
Lakitu is a jerk. He lives in a cloud and throws AIDS at decent, hardworking Americans.
#9rttnPosted 8/12/2013 6:43:33 AM
Quote:pothocket posted...

Ah, very nice. This is another thing I like-- when a game features multiplayer-like modes that one can play against bots as opposed to other humans online.

@Ray_AP_36

You need to play some Anarchy Reigns

Also tossing in;
Earth Defense Force(either game, both are great)
Sniper Elite V2
Unreal Tournament 3
Awesomenauts

Retro City Rampage. Doesnt fit the bill, but is still worth a look despite the 360 version being inferior to other platforms. Which is often the case when it comes to XBLA/XBLIG
---
ยกPowerGuides 1.11! If you own any XBL Indie Games, Please rate them
GT: rttnCRAFT
#10corex3dPosted 8/12/2013 7:06:06 AM
Gears 2/3/Judgment
Earth Defense Force 2017/IA