This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have to re-purchase DLC on Xbox Live!?

#1AnimeKid1089Posted 8/12/2013 10:51:24 AM
This applies to Dragon Age: Origins.
I bought the physical copy of the game and DLC and installed them all on the Xbox 360 before. A long while after playing it so much, I sold the bundle, and then deleted all the content along with the DLC. Today, I felt like getting the game and DLC again for keeps this time, but for some reason, even though I technically bought the DLC by hard copy rather than through a Digital Download, I still have to pay for Microsoft Points on the DLC.

Of course, I didn't have to re-purchase DLC for another game when I did the digital download for a game called Skyrim before. So I'm wondering... do i really have to pay for the digital version of the DLc for Dragon Age Origins even though I payed for the hard copy version once before?
---
I am not a kid, nor a huge fan of anime, so don't ask.
#2Oldskool_RulezPosted 8/12/2013 10:53:36 AM
DLC that comes with the disc, is not the same as digital DLC. Sorry man, you have to buy it again, or find someone with the disc.
---
The DEATH cannot die!
You don't need a reason to help someone.
#3glassghost0Posted 8/12/2013 10:54:46 AM
Common sense
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#4UozzorPosted 8/12/2013 11:07:48 AM
You don't get the license with the disc.
---
That's not a walrus
#5simonbelmont2Posted 8/12/2013 11:31:36 AM
glassghost0 posted...
Common sense

I agree, sorry TC but it's kind of obvious that would happen.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#6MachineZedPosted 8/12/2013 12:09:26 PM
Uozzor posted...

Actually the license is the disc.

I am actually wondering why the TC would think Live would know he bought the DLC if it wasn't through them. Amazon doesn't know you bought a game through Best Buy, and Best Buy doesn't know you bought a game at Gamestop.
#7AnimeKid1089(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2013 3:01:24 PM
MachineZed posted...
Uozzor posted...

Actually the license is the disc.

I am actually wondering why the TC would think Live would know he bought the DLC if it wasn't through them. Amazon doesn't know you bought a game through Best Buy, and Best Buy doesn't know you bought a game at Gamestop.

Sigh... you're right, guys. I didn't think it through. Thanks.
---
#8infinitexxPosted 8/12/2013 3:08:56 PM
On the plus side, if you find a copy of the disc, you can install it then give the disc back to whoever you got it from, as it is not needed to play the DLC.
---
You can't make an omelette without crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning.
#9AnimeKid1089(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2013 8:02:02 AM
infinitexx posted...
On the plus side, if you find a copy of the disc, you can install it then give the disc back to whoever you got it from, as it is not needed to play the DLC.

That's true...
---