This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have to re-purchase DLC on Xbox Live!?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. I have to re-purchase DLC on Xbox Live!?
3 years ago#1
This applies to Dragon Age: Origins.
I bought the physical copy of the game and DLC and installed them all on the Xbox 360 before. A long while after playing it so much, I sold the bundle, and then deleted all the content along with the DLC. Today, I felt like getting the game and DLC again for keeps this time, but for some reason, even though I technically bought the DLC by hard copy rather than through a Digital Download, I still have to pay for Microsoft Points on the DLC.

Of course, I didn't have to re-purchase DLC for another game when I did the digital download for a game called Skyrim before. So I'm wondering... do i really have to pay for the digital version of the DLc for Dragon Age Origins even though I payed for the hard copy version once before?
I am not a kid, nor a huge fan of anime, so don't ask.
3 years ago#2
DLC that comes with the disc, is not the same as digital DLC. Sorry man, you have to buy it again, or find someone with the disc.
The DEATH cannot die!
You don't need a reason to help someone.
3 years ago#3
Common sense
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
3 years ago#4
You don't get the license with the disc.
That's not a walrus
3 years ago#5
glassghost0 posted...
Common sense

I agree, sorry TC but it's kind of obvious that would happen.
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
3 years ago#6
Uozzor posted...

Actually the license is the disc.

I am actually wondering why the TC would think Live would know he bought the DLC if it wasn't through them. Amazon doesn't know you bought a game through Best Buy, and Best Buy doesn't know you bought a game at Gamestop.
3 years ago#7
MachineZed posted...
Uozzor posted...

Actually the license is the disc.

I am actually wondering why the TC would think Live would know he bought the DLC if it wasn't through them. Amazon doesn't know you bought a game through Best Buy, and Best Buy doesn't know you bought a game at Gamestop.

Sigh... you're right, guys. I didn't think it through. Thanks.
3 years ago#8
On the plus side, if you find a copy of the disc, you can install it then give the disc back to whoever you got it from, as it is not needed to play the DLC.
You can't make an omelette without crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning.
3 years ago#9
infinitexx posted...
On the plus side, if you find a copy of the disc, you can install it then give the disc back to whoever you got it from, as it is not needed to play the DLC.

That's true...
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. I have to re-purchase DLC on Xbox Live!?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived