This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

4th Xbox to get RROD

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. 4th Xbox to get RROD
2 years ago#1
Cheers
---
if you have accepted Xbox One as your lord and savior and are 100% proud of it put this in your sig
2 years ago#2
Sorry to hear. I'm still on my first Xbox I purchased in 2008.

Better luck next time?
---
Gamertag: Squ4rex
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
2 years ago#3
You aren't supposed to set them on fire. Be more careful.

I still have my old one from 2007, repaired once. I use my slim though.
---
Official Official of the Official board!!!
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
2 years ago#4
I'm on my second,my son,broke the first one,maybe you have bad luck....
2 years ago#5
Do you even try keeping the thing ventilated? Can't have these units work if you don't give them space for the heat that it outputs.
2 years ago#6
That's just incredible bad luck. you sure you keeping it well ventilated? It just happened once to me. 4 times though...

Try to install your games more often and keep it cool. You sure your not putting it on top of a cable box or something? too crazy to be a coincidence.
---
"In the grim darkness of the far future... there is only awesome"
2 years ago#7
I've had one since 2008, granted I stopped using it about 3 years ago but from time to time when I turn it on beside it sounding like it's gonna explode it runs fine.

You must be treating them badly or just be unlucky
---
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: Admiral Classy
2 years ago#8
I'm on my 4th, which is a slim so hopefully I'm safe now. First one lasted a while and the disc drive went bad, second one RED RINGED out of box, third one lasted a fair while but RR'd last summer.
---
----
-----
2 years ago#9
the only reason i ever bought a new xbox was to get the new s model
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ng2TwiOn12s
2 years ago#10
The Top Crusader posted...
I'm on my 4th, which is a slim so hopefully I'm safe now. First one lasted a while and the disc drive went bad, second one RED RINGED out of box, third one lasted a fair while but RR'd last summer.

Almost the exact same with me except the first two are reversed. My very first 360 had a messed up disc drive out of the box, scratched my games on day 1 and the drive itself was stubborn and wouldn't open or close at times. It was messed, took it back and got it replaced and that 360 lasted about a year before RRoD. The 3rd Xbox was a refurb from Microsoft, actually lasted the longest but I noticed my games were starting to lock up more often and it would even start crashing at the dashboard. Traded it into EB when they have a 4GB slim promotion going on and essentially paid $20 for the Slim and it's still working great for the last 2 years. No problems. Just had to slap my 120 gig on it and I was good to go.

It's just bad luck sometimes. Anything can happen. My consoles are on a nice hybrid stand, lots of ventilation and I have air conditioning so it never gets too hot and humid in here. Just happens.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. 4th Xbox to get RROD

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived