This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

4th Xbox to get RROD

#1LEGEND_725Posted 8/12/2013 6:46:42 PM
Cheers
---
if you have accepted Xbox One as your lord and savior and are 100% proud of it put this in your sig
#2squarex8264Posted 8/12/2013 6:50:24 PM
Sorry to hear. I'm still on my first Xbox I purchased in 2008.

Better luck next time?
---
Gamertag: Squ4rex
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#3orangeneePosted 8/12/2013 6:53:13 PM
You aren't supposed to set them on fire. Be more careful.

I still have my old one from 2007, repaired once. I use my slim though.
---
Official Official of the Official board!!!
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#4Madness2012Posted 8/13/2013 1:21:32 AM
I'm on my second,my son,broke the first one,maybe you have bad luck....
#5PStrifePosted 8/13/2013 8:11:23 AM
Do you even try keeping the thing ventilated? Can't have these units work if you don't give them space for the heat that it outputs.
#6CrimsonCorpPosted 8/13/2013 8:45:29 AM
That's just incredible bad luck. you sure you keeping it well ventilated? It just happened once to me. 4 times though...

Try to install your games more often and keep it cool. You sure your not putting it on top of a cable box or something? too crazy to be a coincidence.
---
"In the grim darkness of the far future... there is only awesome"
#7thefabregas22Posted 8/13/2013 8:53:48 AM
I've had one since 2008, granted I stopped using it about 3 years ago but from time to time when I turn it on beside it sounding like it's gonna explode it runs fine.

You must be treating them badly or just be unlucky
---
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: Admiral Classy
#8The Top CrusaderPosted 8/13/2013 8:57:13 AM
I'm on my 4th, which is a slim so hopefully I'm safe now. First one lasted a while and the disc drive went bad, second one RED RINGED out of box, third one lasted a fair while but RR'd last summer.
---
----
-----
#9Krzd3vilPosted 8/13/2013 6:48:08 PM
the only reason i ever bought a new xbox was to get the new s model
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ng2TwiOn12s
#10Matt_256Posted 8/13/2013 7:18:20 PM
The Top Crusader posted...
I'm on my 4th, which is a slim so hopefully I'm safe now. First one lasted a while and the disc drive went bad, second one RED RINGED out of box, third one lasted a fair while but RR'd last summer.

Almost the exact same with me except the first two are reversed. My very first 360 had a messed up disc drive out of the box, scratched my games on day 1 and the drive itself was stubborn and wouldn't open or close at times. It was messed, took it back and got it replaced and that 360 lasted about a year before RRoD. The 3rd Xbox was a refurb from Microsoft, actually lasted the longest but I noticed my games were starting to lock up more often and it would even start crashing at the dashboard. Traded it into EB when they have a 4GB slim promotion going on and essentially paid $20 for the Slim and it's still working great for the last 2 years. No problems. Just had to slap my 120 gig on it and I was good to go.

It's just bad luck sometimes. Anything can happen. My consoles are on a nice hybrid stand, lots of ventilation and I have air conditioning so it never gets too hot and humid in here. Just happens.