This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Words associating with gaming that you'd be ok never hearing again

#251VasDeferensPosted 8/14/2013 10:58:16 AM
Choices have consequences

Non-linear

Open world
#252zyxomma100Posted 8/14/2013 5:21:36 PM(edited)
DRM.

I can't believe I'm the first to say this. It punishes legitimate consumers while being a speed bump to pirates, if that, and it allows companies to laugh at the natural right of property. It's the only thing that's universally bad, no matter if you like or hate any combination of PCs, consoles, Mario, Halo, CoD, WoW, LoL, Xbox, PS3, Nintendo, or anything to do with video games/art in general.

Edit: Dammit I didn't see the other pages... I'm not used to this; I just got kicked off Throwback again... Damn this new mode. I've lost so much addon functionality that I took for granted... And I know I can turn it back on, but I'm sure it will go away forever someday anyway... sigh.
#253Dragonknight85Posted 8/14/2013 6:44:40 PM
Sheeple
EA
Biodrone
---
WHAT is it NOW!? -- Edwin, Baldur's Gate
Currently Playing: X-Com UFO Defense, Final Fantasy 8 and Halo Wars
#254Dr Jackal(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2013 8:16:26 PM
zyxomma100 posted...
DRM.

I can't believe I'm the first to say this. It punishes legitimate consumers while being a speed bump to pirates, if that, and it allows companies to laugh at the natural right of property. It's the only thing that's universally bad, no matter if you like or hate any combination of PCs, consoles, Mario, Halo, CoD, WoW, LoL, Xbox, PS3, Nintendo, or anything to do with video games/art in general.

Edit: Dammit I didn't see the other pages... I'm not used to this; I just got kicked off Throwback again... Damn this new mode. I've lost so much addon functionality that I took for granted... And I know I can turn it back on, but I'm sure it will go away forever someday anyway... sigh.

I hate DRM too. I understand copyrights and all, but companies got along fine without it before. Achievements and Trophies have a lot to do with it. I miss the days of easily downloading saves online, copying them to your system without any hassle. Messing with saves to experiment with games. Debug rooms to have extra fun with games when you did everything there is to do, but want to play more. Now you can turn on your 360 and have your account banned because you hacked a save state. I understand the concern for online titles, but for offline RPGs? Please. Let me do what I want with my own game, please.

I remember when Bungie was banning people who used software to get the flaming helmet and recon armor WHEN IT WAS ON THE DISC. If you hacked their servers and downloaded it for free, ok, I could see them being mad. But please, Bungie. They essentially did what Codebreakers used to do years back. They got something in a game hidden or locked by programmers that wasn't supposed to be had, but it was frowned upon because Bungie and other companies want to charge you extra for content already on a disc. Then you have to hear it from the pretentious contrarians who like yo give you lectures about what is right and wrong, and legal or illegal. Spare me.

/tangent
---
Undefeated lifetime.
Currently playing: Tales of Xillia, White Knight Chronicles, Far Cry 3, Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story, Ni no Kuni, Pandoras Tower
#255AsyrafXXIPosted 8/14/2013 8:27:29 PM
fanboy
tryhard
#256SilentS89Posted 8/14/2013 9:11:27 PM
Dr Jackal posted...
I hate DRM too. I understand copyrights and all, but companies got along fine without it before. Achievements and Trophies have a lot to do with it. I miss the days of easily downloading saves online, copying them to your system without any hassle. Messing with saves to experiment with games. Debug rooms to have extra fun with games when you did everything there is to do, but want to play more. Now you can turn on your 360 and have your account banned because you hacked a save state. I understand the concern for online titles, but for offline RPGs? Please. Let me do what I want with my own game, please.

Couldn't agree more, in the past we could do as we pleased with our games. We could gameshark all we liked. Now they use the meaningless Achievements and Trophies as an excuse to limit what we can do with the games we purchased.

Then you have to hear it from the pretentious contrarians who like yo give you lectures about what is right and wrong, and legal or illegal. Spare me.

This too, it seems like there is always some guy trying to guilt trip folks for having fun the way they want to.
#257ben10pokemon79Posted 8/14/2013 9:24:09 PM
Golden
Compass

That game is seriously the worst and stupidest idea ever.

Not to mention, if you lose Golden, you also lose Golden Axe: Beast Rider.

Just goes to show that if a game has 'Golden' in its name, it won't be golden.
---
Gamertag: Daredad Crust
IWPTGWF: Fracture, TimeShift, Battle Fantasia, Stranglehold, DOAX2
#258DarkSymbiotePosted 8/14/2013 9:34:20 PM
DLC
Streamline
Multiplayer
IP
AAA
IGN
---
"Also I am NOT PROVIDING LINKS that would take FOREVER so I WRITE DOWN THAT INFO INSTEAD." - whatnow12012
#259GuideToTheDarkPosted 8/14/2013 11:38:13 PM
ben10pokemon79 posted...
Golden
Compass

That game is seriously the worst and stupidest idea ever.

Not to mention, if you lose Golden, you also lose Golden Axe: Beast Rider.

Just goes to show that if a game has 'Golden' in its name, it won't be golden.

The original golden axe was good yo.
---
My X-box One will be like God, in that it doesn't exist and I'll feel sorry for people who have one.
#260CaIiber345Posted 8/14/2013 11:53:12 PM
Timed Exclusive
Advertisements

Always On
DRM
Kinect
---
Minecraft is a game that you can really dig into.
GTA IV: Sidewalk Driving | RDR: Cougars & Dynamite | GTA V: Jet Fighter Deer Hunting