This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Selling a console with installed digital retail games

#16speednissanPosted 8/14/2013 10:18:05 AM
If I take my GT off the system will the next guy be able to play the games? I didn't know if those games were tied to the console or GT. it would obviously get me more money out of it. I'm not talking about arcade games. Just the full retail games bought on demand.
#2beautifuldreamsPosted 8/14/2013 10:42:22 AM
as long as the games were originally bought and downloaded to that console they should be playable on that console without your gamertag as long as either (1) you don't to a license transfer ever, or (2) it's kept offline. that's why digital games are a tough resell, as basically the buyer has to completely trust you or not care about online
---
nyuuuuuuuuu~
#3SoF-RamboPosted 8/14/2013 11:12:59 AM
Depends. If you sell it to, lets say, GameStop, they're going to wipe the hard drive, so the game will be gone, and you'll only get what they give for the console.

If you sell it on eBay/Amazon, then see above.
---
Gamertag : Z0mb13S0ldier PSN : GotYourGatorade
Current Most Played : PS All-Stars, Battlefield 3, and WWE 13.
#4TheBlueStigPosted 8/14/2013 11:39:21 AM
You can't legally resell digital content, you stand the chance of getting the account and hardware banned from Live forever.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#5Super CreaturesPosted 8/14/2013 4:59:45 PM
beautifuldreams posted...
as long as the games were originally bought and downloaded to that console they should be playable on that console without your gamertag as long as either (1) you don't to a license transfer ever,

That wouldn't matter, licenses are only updated when the content is downloaded to the console.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.