This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does anybody else never sell their games?

#1TheWreckonENGPosted 8/14/2013 12:16:45 PM
A couple of my friends sell their games like 3 months after they get them. I never see the point in this because I like to have a large collection of games I can access at any time, and you're bound to lose about 10 to 20 selling your game even if it just came out.
#2fiasco86Posted 8/14/2013 12:18:39 PM
Toward the end of the last two generations, I sold most of my games except for the ones that I absolutely loved to help fund my purchase of a new console. I regretted it both times, and ending up buying back many of the games. I will never sell another game again unless I hate it.
---
Game Conquerors Top 100 Games of All Time
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBdvbVOHRybalW-7GExzgqbbBf1bGVV3L
#3Jpsyence77Posted 8/14/2013 12:20:23 PM(edited)
This board is filled with people who never sell/resell their games and have impressive collections and setups.
---
http://tinyurl.com/bogex7n
http://tinyurl.com/ydx2msz
#4Oldskool_RulezPosted 8/14/2013 12:27:10 PM
I have sold most of my collection twice in the past, and never will I do that again. I would always regret it later, especially when I would see the game I sold for a few bucks, going on Ebay and Amazon for 50+ dollars.

Plus, I would always end up re-buying the games I sold somewhere down the road, usually paying more than what I originally payed for the game.

All in all, I would suggest gamers to keep their collection. But hey, if people want money, sell whatever you want.
---
The DEATH cannot die!
You don't need a reason to help someone.
#5LostNPhoundPosted 8/14/2013 12:28:08 PM
I don't really understand saving something you're never going to play again. Now sure if you can assure yourself you're going back to play Cod WaW again then by all means keep it but I don't nearly have the shelf space to save games i won't play again. I only keep the games I really loved and that I'm sure I'll want to play again at some point. Otherwise you just got money collecting dust and losing value on your shelf. But I keep things like RPGs or games I really liked in case i want to play them again.
#6glassghost0Posted 8/14/2013 12:32:17 PM
I used to all the time, sold my entire collection besides this gen.

Now I hardly ever sell anything. I did just sell Gears Judgment but just to help payoff Splinter Cell, money is tight right now, and that game pissed me off. But I know I'll be able to pick it up later for cheap.

Closing in on 200/200+ 360 games and I do have small N64, 3DS, and SNES collections
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#7CrimsonCorpPosted 8/14/2013 12:34:16 PM
TheWreckonENG posted...
A couple of my friends sell their games like 3 months after they get them. I never see the point in this because I like to have a large collection of games I can access at any time, and you're bound to lose about 10 to 20 selling your game even if it just came out.

Your friends sell their games after 3 months? amazing, my friend sells them within two weeks.

It's unbelievable to watch. He never has more than two games at anytime. We've had so much fun with coop games like Rainbow 6, Gears 1, 2 ,and 3, Portal, Halo 3 and 4, but once he get's bored, he sells them so fast that i'm always so disappointed when I suggest playing them while in Party chat.

To this day I still play KOTOR, MGS1, FF6, FF7, etc. I want to be able to play RDR, Mass Effect, Skyrim 10 years from now if at all possible. I will never understand my friend. But he's my friend, so while I can't ever understand his decisions, I must respect them.
---
"In the grim darkness of the far future... there is only awesome"
#8gabriusPosted 8/14/2013 1:43:44 PM
I stopped selling stuff at the beginning of this gen. The result is a collection of ~900 games for my 360, and pathetic retro collections T_T
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#9PwnostarPosted 8/14/2013 1:56:46 PM
I stopped selling my games about 2 years ago.

I was too lazy and impatient to sell them online...and Gamestop is just garbage when it comes to trade-ins. So I decided I'd rather keep my games.
---
"I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it." - Clint Eastwood
#10C810Posted 8/14/2013 2:05:10 PM
I sold all my last gen games, but I greatly regret doing it. So now I don't sell any game, even if it's terrible. I feel like most people here hold onto their games since the people who frequent here are more avid gamers then the general populace
---
He has a robot body though, if he farted it would probably come out sounding like dubstep. - ISquat600lbs