This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox 360 Season Passes come with guaranteed Xbox One Season Pass

#31fallangePosted 8/15/2013 11:33:26 AM
Winternova posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
Winternova posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
glassghost0 posted...
They really just can't win can they?

>Benefits the player 100%
>F*** Microsoft

You really just can't figure out the simplest things can you?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bribe

anything given or serving to persuade or induce

Here's a clue for you, they want people to buy into the new system which has things built into the hardware that are inherently bad for gamers, so they offer "cash incentives", also known as Bribes, to influence them to buy into the new hardware and spend even more money (the GameStop "upgrade" plan stops after December).

You mean companies try to persuade or induce people into buying their products? Next you'll tell me they do that by purchasing airtime during popular television shows in order to showcase their product. And after that, you'll tell me that they nefariously put inserts in the Sunday paper that offer a reduction in price on a limited number of items in order to get you to buy and try the product!

How pathetic of a wannabe ambulance chaser are you that you can't figure out the difference between simple Advertising, and as the definition says "something given to persuade or induce"? Advertising doesn't give you anything, it just shows you things.

You can't even read your own definition correctly. I bolded it in the quote block above. I'll bold the important parts you omitted: "anything given or serving to persuade or induce"

Since the word "or" is included, one can read it as "anything serving to persuade or induce" and "anything given to persuade or induce".

You tell me that I can't "figure out the difference between simple Advertising" (usually the word "between" indicates a comparison between two objects...and you omitted the second), yet you're the one stretching the definition of "bribe" to include something it doesn't encompass. Especially since the definition of bribe you using is the second, less commonly used, definition. From Merriam-Webster:

1: money or favor given or promised in order to influence the judgment or conduct of a person in a position of trust
2: something that serves to induce or influence

Merriam-Webster's second definition should help shine a light on how you're misrepresenting the definition in a desperate attempt to "get one over" on the "wannabe ambulance chaser". I would point out how doing this would destroy your credibility, except you don't have any left to destroy.

C'mon, Stig, you need to spice up your life! Stop using your favourite band's biggest single as a catch phrase for me. I know you want me, but I'm just not interested in you.

Dude, you are arguing with a person who has an extra chromosome. It doesn't matter how rational or correct you are, he's still gonna think he is always right.
But we all know this already.
---
have you heard the news?
the dogs are dead!
#32RPG_ApostlePosted 8/15/2013 3:32:26 PM
I don't think he has an extra one, I think he's missing four or five.
---
I miss Mega Man.