This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Great parts in bad video games?

#51mtjormitch(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 8:56:51 PM
Winternova posted...
mtjormitch posted...
Winternova posted...
mtjormitch posted...
People like you are the reason why I don't put my full writing capabilities up here. Mainly because you will just say all the words I used are all nothing but fluff and proceed to then insult me on that front instead of coming up with words to counter my points.

In other words: I'm afraid of logical counterarguments and critique, so I'll just pretend I'm too good to post my best writing in order to save my fragile ego.

Not really no. I just don't like wasting my time with certain people on this site.

You forget...I've seen some of your writing.

You mean my less than five minute write ups? (Seriously though, those writings were actually made in five minutes.)
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#52namewitheldPosted 8/16/2013 10:03:13 PM
Games need gameplay. Without it they're CGI movies.

Bioshock Infinite and The Last of Us feature a lot of user input. More time is spent playing than watching.

I echo a previous users sentiments when I say that if gaming ever devolves* into movies Im done.

*yes devolves
#53ssj5goku2005Posted 8/16/2013 10:44:00 PM
mtjormitch posted...
SPM can be said to have the worst gameplay in the Paper Mario franchise... other than sticker star, however, the story in SPM is honestly amazing in terms of how well told and well done it is. It made me sad people. That is how damn good the writing was! Also, the best villain other than Fawful in the entire Mario franchise.

Well, I never thought Super Paper Mario was bad (may be the nostalgia goggles but I actually have fond memories of that game) and I think I know what part you're talking about

SPOILERS

Is it the part where the Pixl (I think that's what they were called...I'm sorry it's been so long since I played it) had to sacrifice herself to help Mario or something like that? (Again, haven't played in years...but that's the gist of what I remember) Because that part may be the only time I've ever shed a tear from playing a video game

END SPOILERS
---
not changing this sig until i feel like it - started 6.23.2009
#54mtjormitch(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 10:45:31 PM
namewitheld posted...

Bioshock Infinite and The Last of Us feature a lot of user input. More time is spent playing than watching.

I echo a previous users sentiments when I say that if gaming ever devolves* into movies Im done.

*yes devolves

The Walking Dead exists and proves that gameplay can either be nonexistent or minimal. So... yeah, you are not going to like where this medium is going then.
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#55blk911Posted 8/16/2013 11:28:08 PM
When ever Master chief shoots.
#56aj4x94Posted 8/16/2013 11:37:40 PM
Feel free to call me out on this one but.......

RESIDENT EVIL 6 SPOILERS

Pier's death. I honestly enjoyed Chris' campaign more than I wanted to, but I thought it was a genuinely good scene out of a very terribly constructed game that had no idea what it wanted to be.
---
Playing: The Last of Us, System Shock 2, Hitman Trilogy, Siren Blood Curse, Alan Wake
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94
#57gabriusPosted 8/17/2013 2:46:01 AM
mtjormitch posted...
namewitheld posted...

*yes devolves

The Walking Dead exists and proves that gameplay can either be nonexistent or minimal. So... yeah, you are not going to like where this medium is going then.

THE END IS NIGH!!!!
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#58orangeneePosted 8/17/2013 3:36:30 AM
Asura's Wrath. That goes along with Walking Dead in the interactive story style.
---
Official Official of the Official board!!!
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#59656stoogePosted 8/17/2013 3:41:56 AM
Wonder why I ever took Winter off ignore? Must be a piss poor lawyer if he has to troll video game message boards to feel good about himself.
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
#60SunDevil77Posted 8/17/2013 5:29:02 AM
Mitch, can you write me a story about an anthropomorphic omelet that I can put on the kids menus for my place?
---
Justice...is what I seek, Kemosabe.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539