This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Great parts in bad video games?

#61FredSavage27Posted 8/17/2013 8:21:54 AM
mtjormitch posted...
The Walking Dead exists and proves that gameplay can either be nonexistent or minimal. So... yeah, you are not going to like where this medium is going then.

One game in a genre that has always prioritized story doesn't mean that the entire game industry will be reduced to just one genre. Nobody cares about the story to Angry Birds. Call of Duty is known for its multiplayer.
#62WinternovaPosted 8/17/2013 8:30:16 AM(edited)
mtjormitch posted...
Winternova posted...
mtjormitch posted...
Winternova posted...
mtjormitch posted...
People like you are the reason why I don't put my full writing capabilities up here. Mainly because you will just say all the words I used are all nothing but fluff and proceed to then insult me on that front instead of coming up with words to counter my points.

In other words: I'm afraid of logical counterarguments and critique, so I'll just pretend I'm too good to post my best writing in order to save my fragile ego.

Not really no. I just don't like wasting my time with certain people on this site.

You forget...I've seen some of your writing.

You mean my less than five minute write ups? (Seriously though, those writings were actually made in five minutes.)

Yes...and they weren't that good, even for 5 minutes of work.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#63WinternovaPosted 8/17/2013 8:29:41 AM
mtjormitch posted...
namewitheld posted...
Games need gameplay. Without it they're CGI movies.

Bioshock Infinite and The Last of Us feature a lot of user input. More time is spent playing than watching.

I echo a previous users sentiments when I say that if gaming ever devolves* into movies Im done.

*yes devolves

The Walking Dead exists and proves that gameplay can either be nonexistent or minimal. So... yeah, you are not going to like where this medium is going then.

*sigh* And games like The Walking Dead have existed for 30 years - King's Quest being a very popular example. You act as if that style of game play is non-existent...it's not. Games like Samarost and Mechinarium show how a point-and-click game can be fun even with little to no story.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#64gabriusPosted 8/17/2013 8:32:29 AM
FredSavage27 posted...
mtjormitch posted...

One game in a genre that has always prioritized story doesn't mean that the entire game industry will be reduced to just one genre. Nobody cares about the story to Angry Birds. Call of Duty is known for its multiplayer.

No, Fred Savage, this PROVES IT.... didn't you read psycho boy's manifesto? If you can decypher the blood and excrement, he has already PROVEN why nobody cares about gameplay anymore, aside from the small handful of crackhead skinner box dudebro CoD frat boys out there. You would know that no good movie has been made this century because they ALL focus on special effects nowadays. You would realize the small amount of horrible examples he has given state the irrefutable truth that nobody in the world cares about puzzle games, mobile gaming, social gaming, sports games, online multiplayer, or open-world sandbox games where you can decide what you do instead of following a plot. You would've learned how Shigeru Miyamoto has almost single handedly destroyed gaming for the ONLY TRUE gamers out there - the ones who would wather watch, listen and read.... instead of do.

You don't respect the medium, Fred Savage. You don't deserve gaming. The medium evolved a long time ago, and the writing is on the wall. This ain't the Wonder Years anymore.
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#65gabriusPosted 8/17/2013 5:36:49 PM
*crickets and tumbleweeds*

Yeah, that's what I thought.
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#66moondog84Posted 8/17/2013 5:54:28 PM
gabrius posted...
FredSavage27 posted...
mtjormitch posted...

No, Fred Savage, this PROVES IT.... didn't you read psycho boy's manifesto? If you can decypher the blood and excrement, he has already PROVEN why nobody cares about gameplay anymore, aside from the small handful of crackhead skinner box dudebro CoD frat boys out there. You would know that no good movie has been made this century because they ALL focus on special effects nowadays. You would realize the small amount of horrible examples he has given state the irrefutable truth that nobody in the world cares about puzzle games, mobile gaming, social gaming, sports games, online multiplayer, or open-world sandbox games where you can decide what you do instead of following a plot. You would've learned how Shigeru Miyamoto has almost single handedly destroyed gaming for the ONLY TRUE gamers out there - the ones who would wather watch, listen and read.... instead of do.

You don't respect the medium, Fred Savage. You don't deserve gaming. The medium evolved a long time ago, and the writing is on the wall. This ain't the Wonder Years anymore.

I read this in Daniel Stern's voice.
---
Spaceballs the Signature
#67StarskiRPosted 8/17/2013 5:54:56 PM
I want to contribute, but you listed Alpha Protocol. It in no way shape or form is a bad game.

It is actually one of the best of this generation. Without it, we would actually have a worse of system.

So I won't contribute.
---
"That ribbon suits you." - Locke Cole ~ Final Fantasy VI
#68gabriusPosted 8/17/2013 6:02:36 PM
moondog84 posted...
gabrius posted...
FredSavage27 posted...
mtjormitch posted...

I read this in Daniel Stern's voice.

That works. I mean... I was going for James Earl Jones, but I ain't complainin' =P
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#69fiasco86Posted 8/19/2013 8:43:43 AM
It shouldn't matter what medium does it but the fact that gamers like you crap on this medium when in reality they are doing wonderful things constantly shows me that dudebro gamers such as you do not deserve to play video games at all and are doing nothing but damaging the medium with your absolute foolish and hateful opinions which do nothing but show gamers are immature babies that can't think for themselves at all.

Winternova posted...
fiasco86 posted...
It still should be broken up into different sentences for clarity and ease of reading, but it's not grammatically incorrect.

It was grammatically incorrect, and a run-on, because it lacked the correct punctuation and conjunctions.

It was punctuated incorrectly, yes. Depending on your preference, that could or could not be classified as grammatically incorrect.

Regardless, it's still not a run-on sentence. Show me two independent clauses in that post that aren't properly joined by a conjunction.
---
Game Conquerors Top 100 Games of All Time
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBdvbVOHRybalW-7GExzgqbbBf1bGVV3L
#70BlueJester007Posted 8/19/2013 9:21:30 AM
Why do people even bother with Mitch's topics? Seriously, why?
---
What's in between the two Alt keys (Command keys if you are a Mac user) on your keyboard?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6aiz-La3g4