This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If Diablo 3 does well do you see WOW in the future for console?

#21Dragon NexusPosted 8/15/2013 8:53:08 AM
Why would we need one, honestly?
It's not like WoW is some graphical powerhouse that needs a bleeding edge Pc to run. it was capable of running on a medium spec computer *when it was released*. It sure as hell will run on anything made in the last 6 years or so.
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#22PwnostarPosted 8/15/2013 9:32:38 AM
No. For one thing, it's just not going to work on consoles. You need a mouse and keyboard to play WOW. A controller doesn't have nearly enough buttons to make WOW work smoothly.

Secondly, if you want to play WOW then you should probably just go play WOW. My laptop from like 4 years ago could run WOW. There's no reason why you shouldn't just play it on PC.

It would be a waste of everyone's time and money to develop a console version.
---
"I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it." - Clint Eastwood
#23VeryDarkSoulPosted 8/15/2013 10:19:12 AM(edited)
JKSonic posted...
There's just no way WoW would work on consoles. I've played it a LOT on PC and to do it properly you need some pretty good reflexes and have to have a fairly large amount of hotkeys available at any given time. As a Mage just in my "normal" rotation I had about 5 spells, 2-3 evasive moves, and another 3 or so things I would have to keep applying to myself. That's all in pretty rapid fire...

I can see a game set in Warcraft's world on XB1/PS4, but it would really have to be completely redone.

if square can make ff14 work on ps3 blizzard can make wow work on xbox and ps3. using lb, rb, lt, and rt can give you 32 hot keys, 4 from d pad, 4 from x y b a each while holding those buttons
if you use combinations of those buttons held down, can be up to 64.

---
Ron Paul 2012
#24Dragon NexusPosted 8/15/2013 10:24:15 AM
VeryDarkSoul posted...
JKSonic posted...
There's just no way WoW would work on consoles. I've played it a LOT on PC and to do it properly you need some pretty good reflexes and have to have a fairly large amount of hotkeys available at any given time. As a Mage just in my "normal" rotation I had about 5 spells, 2-3 evasive moves, and another 3 or so things I would have to keep applying to myself. That's all in pretty rapid fire...

I can see a game set in Warcraft's world on XB1/PS4, but it would really have to be completely redone.

if square can make ff14 work on ps3 blizzard can make wow work on xbox and ps3. using lb, rb, lt, and rt can give you 32 hot keys, 4 from d pad, 4 from x y b a each while holding those buttons

Difference being, FF14 is designed from day one to be a console MMO. WoW is not.

And honestly, with a game that requires fast thinking and often fast casting like WoW, do you really want to try and remember exactly how to cast the right healing spell? Damn, was it RT or LT? No, it was RT. UGH, now I'm casting the heavy healing when I wanted light...which button was that? Oh, they're already dead.

Now...which combination was my revive spell?

Besides, on some UIs 64 hotkeys still isn't enough.
---
#25ImMrMojoRisinPosted 8/15/2013 10:40:15 AM
Dragon Nexus posted...
VeryDarkSoul posted...
JKSonic posted...

Difference being, FF14 is designed from day one to be a console MMO. WoW is not.

And honestly, with a game that requires fast thinking and often fast casting like WoW, do you really want to try and remember exactly how to cast the right healing spell? Damn, was it RT or LT? No, it was RT. UGH, now I'm casting the heavy healing when I wanted light...which button was that? Oh, they're already dead.

Now...which combination was my revive spell?

Besides, on some UIs 64 hotkeys still isn't enough.

I don't even want to play a game where 64 hotkeys is not enough. When can we just call excessive excessive and move on to something that is actually fun to play?
#26HELZEROPosted 8/15/2013 3:54:41 PM
Theyre already working on the next WOW for PC and yes it is being designed around consoles this time kind of like ffxiv
#27Net Shark(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2013 4:18:17 PM
HELZERO posted...
Theyre already working on the next WOW for PC and yes it is being designed around consoles this time kind of like ffxiv

See I knew it!!! :)
---
Xbox GT: Net Sh4rk
#28Dragon NexusPosted 8/16/2013 4:10:54 AM
HELZERO posted...

Read: casualised.

I have no idea, but Blizzard seem to be making their newer games more...well, I'll put it in a less biased way. More accessible.
---
#29JJroootPosted 8/16/2013 6:31:17 AM
Hasn't WoW died yet?

I played it for 4 years.... and quit right before Cata expansion.

Granted it was the best gaming experience i have EVER had....i will never return to it even if they did release it on consoles.
---
If alcohol is a crutch, Jack Daniels is a wheelchair
Xbox Live GT: Saynt614
#30Dragon NexusPosted 8/16/2013 7:56:41 AM
JJrooot posted...
Hasn't WoW died yet?

I played it for 4 years.... and quit right before Cata expansion.

Granted it was the best gaming experience i have EVER had....i will never return to it even if they did release it on consoles.

I rank it as one of my most unpleasent.
I have a hard time getting on with people online as it is, but after our guild went from being light hearted and care free, to ambitious and able to commit to raids and eventually complete them, to number one guild on the server, everyone turned into a massive ego jerk kissing the ass of the guild leader and I felt less welcome every day. Especially when I couldn't match up with their tight schedule because I had the misfortune of having a job.

Eventually I left because they sucked all the fun out of it. If you weren't on a raid, you were expected to grind dungeons with randoms to get better gear, or go out and farm metals and cloth to give to other guild members.
---