This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone here get the New York minute achievement in Max Payne 3?

#1DarkJaydragonPosted 8/15/2013 8:59:39 AM
If so, how hard was it and do you have any tips?
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#2stawg007Posted 8/15/2013 9:10:16 AM
I did on my third try, died on the machete guy and the start of chapter 10

My tips are never shootdodge unless you know you're going behind cover, always go for headshots, know where every painkiller is, I had max painkillers quite a few times on my successful run

When using bullet time, strafe and you'll pretty much never get hit, never pick up an explosive weapon expect for where it's needed as going into last stand means game over nearly every time

Try to remember where the bad guys pour out of so you can have your sights aimed down there to get some easy kills and remember to just slightly peek out of cover to the point where you can hit the enemy but the enemy won't shoot back at you, I remember this being extremely useful in the later levels especially
---
lPayneToTheMaxl
#3TheBlueStigPosted 8/15/2013 9:12:09 AM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/max-payne-3/achievement/66639-A-New-York-Minute.html
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#4DarkJaydragon(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2013 10:20:38 AM
Is it true you have to do the whole game in one sitting, with a timer and with one life?
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#5TheBlueStigPosted 8/15/2013 10:29:06 AM
DarkJaydragon posted...
Is it true you have to do the whole game in one sitting, with a timer and with one life?

Comments #42 and 45 in the link I posted above.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#6glassghost0Posted 8/15/2013 10:35:32 AM
DarkJaydragon posted...

That's New York Minute Hardcore which would be harder than beating the game in New York Minute
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#7DarkJaydragon(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2013 10:36:57 AM
glassghost0 posted...
DarkJaydragon posted...

That's New York Minute Hardcore which would be harder than beating the game in New York Minute

That's insane, is there an achievement for it? (Please say no.)
---
#8glassghost0Posted 8/15/2013 10:39:01 AM
DarkJaydragon posted...
glassghost0 posted...
DarkJaydragon posted...

Yep, and it's only worth 10G whereas just beating New York Minute mode is worth 100G
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#9DarkJaydragon(Topic Creator)Posted 8/15/2013 10:44:34 AM
glassghost0 posted...
DarkJaydragon posted...
glassghost0 posted...
DarkJaydragon posted...

Yep, and it's only worth 10G whereas just beating New York Minute mode is worth 100G

Holy crap, I could imagine the rage that may cause someone
---
#10googlerPosted 8/15/2013 11:07:34 AM
I love this game but could never be faithful enough to play it to the point I memorized everything. I had ambitions to do NYM hardcore but I'm still struggling passing the early chapters on the regular NYM and being married doesn't exactly grant me the devotion to gaming I wish I could still have