This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone here get the New York minute achievement in Max Payne 3?

#11DieCobrosPosted 8/15/2013 11:14:26 AM
Did New York Minute Hardcore on my first try. Memorization of enemy placement, which if you've played through the Story mode on all the difficulties except Easy like me, will make it easier. Always go for headshots, and use Bullet Time a lot. You can also turn off attachments like laser sight off if you press the back button. Makes targeting easier, at least for me anyways.
---
GT: DieCobros
"Police brutality, coming up!" - Stryker
#12chrish909Posted 8/15/2013 11:30:37 AM
I did it, not that hard. Just keep retrying checkpoints until you beat that checkpoint. I remember theres a really hard fight in mission 3 you can skip if you wait when your partner tells you too.
I sat really close to the screen and systematically got headshots.

Nym hardcore is like impossible, you have to do the whole thing in one sitting without dying. Its an easier difficultythan regular nym tho. I read it on trueachievements I think.

Its like bloody palace for max payne. I could probably beat it if I had the patience to keep retrying until I memorize most of the game.
---
Please don't quote me unless you're are discussing the topic. I am not concerned with a random internet person's opinion of me.
#13CrimsonCorpPosted 8/15/2013 11:53:17 AM
I sometimes admire PSN's trophy system, with their Platinums that one can earn upon completion of all other trophies (which in and of itself, actually provides a huge bonus increase)

But then a game like this one come's out, and I just can't imagine the rage that NYM hardcore causes to those trophy completions.

Easier to let go when it's just 10 GP. Another thing entirely when it's stopping you from a Plat.
---
"In the grim darkness of the far future... there is only awesome"
#14iron_defensePosted 8/15/2013 5:42:27 PM
I beat NYM hardcore. It took me about 2 weeks and lots of rage. Looking back on it, it wasn't worth it. But at the same time I'm glad I did it.

My GT is Japanese Animes. You can see I have it. (MGS reference)
---
"Nature can suck on these nuts."-beardface21
#15DarkJaydragon(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2013 8:05:24 AM
Anyone got any tips for chapter 14 on NYM?
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#16DarkJaydragon(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2013 6:18:49 PM
Finished it.

Yeah, so what if I'm an alcoholic?

Yeah, I thought so.
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.