This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for games to play with daughter (age 6)

#31Yorkshire_14Posted 8/16/2013 1:31:39 PM
Try Rock Band. She could play on Easy mode.
---
We can't pretend that this isn't getting out of hand. The lights have all gone out!
#32bblbigPosted 8/16/2013 1:53:33 PM
Try downloading Kinect Party, believe its still free, she'll love that one.

Depending on how you feel about cartoon violence, Castle Crashers can be great

Dont forget good old Minecraft, thats easily number 1 for the kids. My son reluctantly got me to start playing with him, and now Im completely hooked
---
Insert witty statement here
#33lostnumberwarPosted 8/16/2013 2:12:04 PM
I play Deathsmiles with my 6 year old niece and she loves it.
---
These are words, please enjoy them.
#34Dragon NexusPosted 8/16/2013 3:02:31 PM
bblbig posted...

I think some of the imagery in that game would be a little disturbing for a kid.

Hell, Watership Down scared the crap out of me when I was little. And that's a film about bunnies!
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#35shawnmckPosted 8/16/2013 3:05:37 PM
I agree with Rayman: Origins.

And if she likes that, then Rayman: Legends comes out in two weeks.
#36656stoogePosted 8/16/2013 10:05:08 PM
Dragon Nexus posted...
bblbig posted...

I think some of the imagery in that game would be a little disturbing for a kid.

Hell, Watership Down scared the crap out of me when I was little. And that's a film about bunnies!

Ahhh, Watership Down, Secret of Nimh, The Dark Crystal and The Last Unicorn. Those films scared the crap out of me as a kid. Can't wait to have kids of my own and torture them with those films. :)
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
#37xMarkPosted 8/17/2013 12:02:47 AM
Banana_Mana posted...
Banana_Mana posted...
Banana_Mana posted...
Saikred posted...
Banana_Mana posted...
Viva Pinata.

Thanks for not reading my opening post. I appreciate input but if you're going to help, at least try to do it properly.

Viva Pinata.

Also, you should try Spelunky.

And perhaps Battleblock Theater.

Wow. What a piece of ****.
#38BrucebeePosted 8/17/2013 7:06:12 AM
I would have to agree... Don't want to insult him if he does have kids but usually it's pretty obvious when people make suggestions and don't have them, haha. There's also a difference between "decent" kid gamers and newbie/casual kid gamers. I've seen kids around 3-4 who can game pretty well, but for the most part kids from about 3-6 just aren't that good and get frustrated easily.

It's cool. I got this game when it was on sale originally and then my kid played it and started to get into it at age 5 and it quickly became one of his favorites.

That's why I suggested it since it seemed 'neutral' and both boys and girls can get into it.(from what I've seen) Also the co-op thing, while being turn based, is a good opportunity for the parent to share a gaming experience and kind of be there as a mentor as player 2 if another sibling or friend isn't playing with them (I assume most gamer parents do this anyway though)

Well for the tougher parts, assuming the gaming session is somewhat supervised, what I do is if the kids get stuck, I don't play the part for them, but instead suggest or recommend what they can try to get past that part, only if it's really tough will I actually show them but even then I break it down and make sure they can repeat it and understand what they were stuck on. It seems they learn alot more that way, as opposed to there being no challenge. The games don't always have to be about something they need to complete 100 % as long as they have fun with it and can learn a little something.

*shrug*
---
http://i.imgur.com/EzSuxQl.gif
http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/misc/tumblr_lyvtpxXRlf1rnzjqfo1_500.gif
#39Banana_ManaPosted 8/17/2013 8:19:14 AM
xMark posted...

Wow. What a piece of ****.

Viva Pinata.
---
Enjoy top ten lists?
Go here: http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/p/blog-page.html
#40JKSonicPosted 8/17/2013 12:10:25 PM
Brucebee posted...
I would have to agree... Don't want to insult him if he does have kids but usually it's pretty obvious when people make suggestions and don't have them, haha. There's also a difference between "decent" kid gamers and newbie/casual kid gamers. I've seen kids around 3-4 who can game pretty well, but for the most part kids from about 3-6 just aren't that good and get frustrated easily.

It's cool. I got this game when it was on sale originally and then my kid played it and started to get into it at age 5 and it quickly became one of his favorites.

That's why I suggested it since it seemed 'neutral' and both boys and girls can get into it.(from what I've seen) Also the co-op thing, while being turn based, is a good opportunity for the parent to share a gaming experience and kind of be there as a mentor as player 2 if another sibling or friend isn't playing with them (I assume most gamer parents do this anyway though)

Well for the tougher parts, assuming the gaming session is somewhat supervised, what I do is if the kids get stuck, I don't play the part for them, but instead suggest or recommend what they can try to get past that part, only if it's really tough will I actually show them but even then I break it down and make sure they can repeat it and understand what they were stuck on. It seems they learn alot more that way, as opposed to there being no challenge. The games don't always have to be about something they need to complete 100 % as long as they have fun with it and can learn a little something.

*shrug*

Yup that's why I was saying there's tons of different levels of kid gamers. I'd definitely say from what he said though, that ilomilo is probably a bit much for her at this point. It is a very kind friendly game in terms of content though.
---
https://www.facebook.com/AbstractedRealism (pinup and boudoir)
https://www.facebook.com/KulhaPhotography (families, scenery, etc)