This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Am I the only one who wasn't blown away with Far cry 3?

#1oJoRdAn23oPosted 8/16/2013 12:11:07 PM
I enjoyed the game, it was fun at first. Being able to explore the island and hunt animals was very unique. However, I felt the gameplay got very repetitive. I thought the story started out strong, but towards the end of the game I lost interest in what was going on. I don't know if I'm just dried up on shooters/first person games, but it seems like I didn't enjoy the game nearly as much as everyone else did.
#2stargazer1981Posted 8/16/2013 12:13:52 PM
You're not alone. I'd go a step further and say Blood Dragon was what FC3 SHOULD have been from the jump.
---
I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ - Gandhi
#3shawnmckPosted 8/16/2013 12:20:54 PM
Same here...although I can still see why so many love the game, but if just feels like there is too much grinding involved for my tastes (running around skinning animals to make things, etc).
Just not my cup of tea.

However the open world was just fantastic, and the characters very well done.
Although, I felt cheated with the Vaas boss battle.
#4SSJGrimReaperPosted 8/16/2013 12:25:27 PM
I liked the game but I hated the main character
---
Big Apple, 3 A.M.
http://i.imgur.com/vQZqgi9.jpg
#5lolamericansPosted 8/16/2013 12:25:49 PM
its pretty meh tbh
#6CaIiber345Posted 8/16/2013 12:28:46 PM
It was my most anticipated game of 2012...

It ended up being one of the games that I hate the most...

=(
---
Minecraft is a game that you can really dig into.
GTA IV: Sidewalk Driving | RDR: Cougars & Dynamite | GTA V: Jet Fighter Deer Hunting
#7pothocketPosted 8/16/2013 12:28:53 PM
The whole thing felt pretty generic to me. Especially the hunting/crafting gameplay.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#8DyingPancakePosted 8/16/2013 12:36:22 PM
I'm about to start it and am pretty excited about it

Of course I also thought FC 2 was fantastic, so I don't think I'll be disappointed
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2
#9JKSonicPosted 8/16/2013 12:40:57 PM
I liked FC1 on the PC, but the FC game on the Xbox/360 was TERRIBLE. Then FC2 was cool but lacked focus and polish and never got into it. With 3 I was iffy about it but decided to give it a shot...

There's definitely an adjustment period to the game since you can die/screw up so easily, but once you mount the learning curve it's pretty amazing. Sure some parts are repetitive but the great that is that even in those parts there's countless ways to go about things. It's one of the few games where I felt like I could truly tackle most situations however I wanted.
---
https://www.facebook.com/AbstractedRealism (pinup and boudoir)
https://www.facebook.com/KulhaPhotography (families, scenery, etc)
#10DyingPancakePosted 8/16/2013 12:47:13 PM
JKSonic posted...
I liked FC1 on the PC, but the FC game on the Xbox/360 was TERRIBLE. Then FC2 was cool but lacked focus and polish and never got into it. With 3 I was iffy about it but decided to give it a shot...

There's definitely an adjustment period to the game since you can die/screw up so easily, but once you mount the learning curve it's pretty amazing. Sure some parts are repetitive but the great that is that even in those parts there's countless ways to go about things. It's one of the few games where I felt like I could truly tackle most situations however I wanted.

I loved the FC game for the Xbox. It was actually some of the most fun I've ever had playing online. I bought Instincts for $5 when it was on sale a while back. Haven't play it yet, but hoping its not just nostalgia goggles talking

Never did get to play the original PC version
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2