This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Am I the only one who wasn't blown away with Far cry 3?

#21orangeneePosted 8/16/2013 3:05:21 PM
It suffered from lots of unused space syndrome. Outside of the outposts and story there was barely anything interesting to do.

Hunting and crafting was a useless gimmick timeline. The 'poster child' Vaas was in the game for about 10 minutes total and the overall story was just bad, tried to be clever but wasn't written coherently enough.
---
Official Official of the Official board!!!
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#22nickoman33Posted 8/16/2013 3:09:33 PM(edited)
it's decent, but i had more fun with far cry 2. i liked the setting and atmosphere, among many other things, more in FC2. it got pretty boring about half way, the side missions were trash, and the game was pathetically easy even on warrior (or whatever the hardest difficulty was).
#23Pacman2dxPosted 8/16/2013 4:03:10 PM
In retrospect it wasn't all that great of a game, but it was fun. I too disliked the main character, came off somewhat whiny and annoying -- not more so than his friends though.
---
The only constant is change, nothing remains the same!
The only constant is change, there's only growth or decay!
#24SoulClankPosted 8/16/2013 4:16:01 PM
I was very unimpressed with it.

- Story was bland generic

- Graphics are outdated (gave me a headache each time I ended up having to sell the game)

- Tropical Island theme is old (One major reason I liked FC2)

- Coop sucked (just let us cause mayhem on the island in free roam along with the Coop missions)

- Multi on the older Farcry games was good, but on this one it was just a CoD clone.

- Seeing that island with the large mountain out in the distance and compared to what was offered The Island we got is terrible. Seems like the Island in Farcry Classic had more appeal to it.

- gameplay is great, but repetitive

- Hunting animals for crafting was cool but could have been done better.

- Blood Dragon was great though one of my favs
#25natevinesPosted 8/16/2013 4:16:30 PM
Not blown away, but it was awesome!
---
Gamertag- MidgetRifleman
#26Robin_MaskPosted 8/16/2013 4:18:22 PM
Grinding got boring.

Story sucked.

Villain was okay.

Villain gets thrown away and never mentioned.

Story isn't clear enough on what really happened with villain.

Characters were forgettable.

Not much to do besides, "go to new area, drive the vehicle, get to top of tower, get the bases" every time.

It's one of the most repetitive games I ever played.
---
Most biased gaming article: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/33395/league-of-legends- crowns-itself-most-played-video-game-in-the-world
#27TheUndeadCrowPosted 8/17/2013 1:45:51 AM
SSJGrimReaper posted...
I liked the game but I hated the main character

I pretty much concur with this. I loved the game but I didn't really like the main character. The character itself was okay I just had a hard time believing some normal hipster club dude could magically turn into Rambo. When I first started playing I thought for sure that you'd end up playing his older brother since he had a military background and was bad ass but yeah...nope.

Still, I really enjoyed the game and without a doubt I count it among my favorite games on the 360.
#28xM3NTALxPosted 8/17/2013 1:50:09 AM
It was fun for a playthrough imo, but I don't think I'd ever go back.
#29DarkSymbiotePosted 8/17/2013 1:51:39 AM
I found it so uninteresting I quit after the first shooting mission.
---
"Also I am NOT PROVIDING LINKS that would take FOREVER so I WRITE DOWN THAT INFO INSTEAD." - whatnow12012
#30axelfooley2k5Posted 8/17/2013 4:33:30 AM
repetitive

but still among the best shooters on 360
i reallly cant see how some people will say it sucks then go and play cod

8.5/10

if you are big on shooters its a good one
---
Kramerica Industries
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icDXNHF-oEw