This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Video game writer quits due to graphic threats against her children

#1WinternovaPosted 8/16/2013 1:37:03 PM
http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/16/bioware-writer-quits-after-death-threats-to-family-3925970/

This disgusts me. Are there really people who have so little to do in their lives they must make other people's lives a living hell over a video game? Seriously...if you're that angry over a game, you need to get your life's priorities in order. Unfortunately these people will not be punished to the fullest extent of the law due to the anonymity provided by the internet - they truly are in need of some psychiatric help.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#2Arucard05Posted 8/16/2013 1:38:23 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3SunDevil77Posted 8/16/2013 1:39:55 PM
I got death threats for saying I liked a game a lot. Some dude apparently researched me, found my Youtube (and sent a message), found my Facebook, created a fake Facebook, tried to add me, and sent me violent message after violent message.
---
Justice...is what I seek, Kemosabe.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#4zerooo0Posted 8/16/2013 1:40:12 PM
This is sickening. People that do that gives us gamers a bad name. I wish her family well into the future & may she stay safe.

I hate keyboard warriors.
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#5Winternova(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 1:41:32 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
I got death threats for saying I liked a game a lot. Some dude apparently researched me, found my Youtube (and sent a message), found my Facebook, created a fake Facebook, tried to add me, and sent me violent message after violent message.

I'm surprised no one has tried that with me yet, considering the large number of idiots there are online these days...
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#6glassghost0Posted 8/16/2013 1:42:55 PM
Those threats were pretty extreme but she really shouldn't have quit just because that was said.
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#7orangeneePosted 8/16/2013 1:51:23 PM
Another good reason for Twitter not to exist.

Or any form of internet social networking for that matter.

Videogames are NOT sufficient reason to be going around making death threats to people. If you disagree with what a developer, writer etc does you can do so in an intelligent fashion.

Cheeto munching, fat slovenly layabouts with no social skills need to address their issues elsewhere instead of projecting it onto others.

This sort of behaviour is unacceptable and is the reason why governments are steadily leeching our civil liberties.
---
Official Official of the Official board!!!
GT/PSN:Hellsteeth30
#8simonbelmont2Posted 8/16/2013 1:51:34 PM
Those people are scum and they hide behind their anonymity.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#9BBBanks03Posted 8/16/2013 1:52:13 PM
SunDevil77 posted...

Lemme guess... DmC??
---
Can someone bum me a sig? I'm fresh out.
#10simonbelmont2Posted 8/16/2013 1:52:35 PM
orangenee posted...
Another good reason for Twitter not to exist.

Or any form of internet social networking for that matter.

Videogames are NOT sufficient reason to be going around making death threats to people. If you disagree with what a developer, writer etc does you can do so in an intelligent fashion.

Cheeto munching, fat slovenly layabouts with no social skills need to address their issues elsewhere instead of projecting it onto others.

This sort of behaviour is unacceptable and is the reason why governments are steadily leeching our civil liberties.

I agree and that is indeed why our governments are taking away our liberties.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him