This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Video game writer quits due to graphic threats against her children

#21simonbelmont2Posted 8/16/2013 2:24:10 PM
DangerRemix posted...
All I can say is wow what a bunch of low life bums. People like this makes me sick, an on top of that social networking prime example as to why it doesnt mix with video games, not at all.

Yeah, video games often attract the low lifes who act like that unfortunately. Social networking has become a tool for the scum to bully others and hide behind their anonymity.

Sometimes spewing hate online can backfire on those bums who do it.

Here in the UK an amateur boxer lost a fight and some fool started talking trash about him on twitter.The boxer found out where the guy lived and confronted him, the guy doing the insulting suddenly turned humble and started apologizing for his behaviour as soon as the boxer turned up on his doorstep.

Most of the hate spewing bums online are losers and cowards but there are also sadly some genuinely crazy people out there too.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#22xMarkPosted 8/16/2013 2:26:57 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
I got death threats for saying I liked a game a lot. Some dude apparently researched me, found my Youtube (and sent a message), found my Facebook, created a fake Facebook, tried to add me, and sent me violent message after violent message.

I doubt you were just saying "I like the game a lot".

I'm sure you were arguing or defending yourself by throwing back insults.
#23Arucard05Posted 8/16/2013 2:28:07 PM
lostnumberwar posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
glassghost0 posted...
Those threats were pretty extreme but she really shouldn't have quit just because that was said.

This.

Basically her caving in to what amounts to "terrorist demands" proves how weak she is and how successful they were in their "job" to remove her from the company.

Get the cops involved, trace their IP's because odds are they didn't bother to secure their connection, get the idiots busted and put in jail, but quitting is only for cowards.

Yeah because she should totally just let some jackass who might actually be serious about it murder her children just so she can keep writing. I guess pride in your work is way more important than the well being and safety of your entire family.

If there is some nutjob out there actually serious about murdering children, he's so far gone that it doesn't matter if she works there or not.
---
I'm not a fan of old women that are scared of their pot going cold but I still loved Deadly Premonition - HeLeeham
#24TheBlueStigPosted 8/16/2013 2:28:23 PM
lostnumberwar posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
glassghost0 posted...
Those threats were pretty extreme but she really shouldn't have quit just because that was said.

This.

Basically her caving in to what amounts to "terrorist demands" proves how weak she is and how successful they were in their "job" to remove her from the company.

Get the cops involved, trace their IP's because odds are they didn't bother to secure their connection, get the idiots busted and put in jail, but quitting is only for cowards.

Yeah because she should totally just let some jackass who might actually be serious about it murder her children just so she can keep writing. I guess pride in your work is way more important than the well being and safety of your entire family.

Did I not say "GET THE COPS INVOLVED" ? ? ?

Put the f***ers in JAIL, no way for them to carry out their threats.

They're talking about message board posts, which means there's a record of the IP the posts were made from, and it's easy as hell to trace IP's back to physical locations.

If they're arresting and convicting people on Identity Theft charges just for making a parody facebook account for a couple of politicians (it actually happened), they can sure as hell find a few morons who make death threats on EA's message board, because if they're stupid enough to make those kinds of threats, the chances of them covering up their connection tracks is slim to none, especially since no "anonymizer" is 100% reliable.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#25GameGrumpsPosted 8/16/2013 2:31:46 PM
Guys, it's just hamburger helper.
---
Hey I'm Grump!
And I'm not so grump!
#26shawnmckPosted 8/16/2013 2:34:15 PM
It's crap like this that makes the News Media and other non-gaming media blame violence on video-games in general.
#27simonbelmont2Posted 8/16/2013 2:37:50 PM
shawnmck posted...
It's crap like this that makes the News Media and other non-gaming media blame violence on video-games in general.

Exactly!
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#28Winternova(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2013 2:41:10 PM(edited)
TheBlueStig posted...
They're talking about message board posts, which means there's a record of the IP the posts were made from, and it's easy as hell to trace IP's back to physical locations.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-RfoSyZDDXI0/Ttdx6yfWvPI/AAAAAAAABCE/78InVDHLEa0/s1600/Behind%2B7%2BBoxxies.png
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#29lostnumberwarPosted 8/16/2013 2:41:56 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#30xLexLuth0rxPosted 8/16/2013 2:47:18 PM
One more reason I use a unique username on every forum I post on. You'll never see this name or any of my others more than once. I don't do anything typically that would warrant someone wanting to threaten me but anonymity is very important after I've witness things that have happened to some friends of mine.

Just not worth the risk. Crazy people out there...
---
"Trust me Clark, our friendship is gonna be the stuff of legend."
FC: 0860-3416-4781 // Lex in Smallvil // ACNL