This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is the Halo franchise worth getting into?

#1IAMGIYGASPosted 8/17/2013 2:20:08 AM
My friend told me despite the "interesting" community, the story is great and the multiplayer takes a lot more skill than COD, and it's better.(this is what he says, not me.) I actually recently got Halo 4 and reach for the multiplayer, and have really loved it so far. Iv'e also played a bit of Halo 3 and 2, and ODST.

Anyway, I still have not played combat evolved. Is it any good? should I play the original or the remake? should I play them in release order or chronilogical order? and should I play the campaign with a friend? although I don't know if the first halo has any split screen co-op(I know it has no multiplayer)
---
I hate the fact I need to sleep. All that precious time could be going to something useful like video games.
#2Pacman2dxPosted 8/17/2013 2:49:53 AM(edited)
Halo CE is regarded as the best Halo .. like ever.

So yeah you should pick it up, especially if you're trying to get into the story.

That's not all you'd have to do though - you'd have to look for material outside of the games, like novels and comics but that only if you really wanna get into the story.

The order goes like this: Reach > Halo CE > Halo 2 > Halo 3: ODST > Halo 3 > Halo 4.

You should play the Anniversary edition, as it has updated graphics but has a feature in which you can switch between old and new, Anniversary also has online co-op, so like the other games you can play it online with friends. Hope I've helped.
---
The only constant is change, nothing remains the same!
The only constant is change, there's only growth or decay!
#3IAMGIYGAS(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2013 4:07:25 AM
Pacman2dx posted...

So yeah you should pick it up, especially if you're trying to get into the story.

That's not all you'd have to do though - you'd have to look for material outside of the games, like novels and comics but that only if you really wanna get into the story.

The order goes like this: Reach > Halo CE > Halo 2 > Halo 3: ODST > Halo 3 > Halo 4.

You should play the Anniversary edition, as it has updated graphics but has a feature in which you can switch between old and new, Anniversary also has online co-op, so like the other games you can play it online with friends. Hope I've helped.

Old and new? like graphics wise or something?
---
I hate the fact I need to sleep. All that precious time could be going to something useful like video games.
#4DarthOdinPosted 8/17/2013 4:25:48 AM
IAMGIYGAS posted...
Pacman2dx posted...

Old and new? like graphics wise or something?

You can switch between the original graphics or updated ones.
---
GT: iGh0sTfAcE
#5SunDevil77Posted 8/17/2013 5:33:32 AM
You can get each game for cheap now, so absolutely. For me, my favorites usually hovers around something like this (speaking of campaigns):

Halo 4>Halo CE>Halo 3=Halo Wars>ODST>Halo 2>Halo Reach

Each game is very high quality, even Halo Wars, which is the best console RTS to date.

I, too, think Halo takes more technical skill than Call of Duty. CoD takes a different talent. More reflexes, while Halo relies on quick thinking and utilizing teamwork and environments.
---
Justice...is what I seek, Kemosabe.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#6rusty12000Posted 8/17/2013 6:07:20 AM
Don't play Reach first it will spoil things, play Halo:Combat evolved first. It is the Original and the best by far.
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
#7Bac0n01Posted 8/17/2013 6:13:50 AM
Play release chronologiclal. Way more fun that way.CE is def worth picking up. Widely regarded as the best. Personally, I'd get the remake.

CE>3>2>4>Reach
In order from best to worst, IMO. Definitely a series worth getting into, the story is really interesting.
---
Michael: "What was the most inspiring thing I ever said to you?"
Dwight: "Don't be an idiot. Changed my life."
#8Prince EnixPosted 8/17/2013 6:17:10 AM
rusty12000 posted...
Don't play Reach first it will spoil things, play Halo:Combat evolved first. It is the Original and the best by far.

How does Reach spoil things? If anything, the other games spoil Reach.
---
Simia simia est, etiamsi aurea gestet insignia.
Fallaces sunt rerum species.
#9oasisbeyondPosted 8/17/2013 6:33:50 AM
Play the original, nothing touches it, they went downhill after that one. Play also in co-op after on legendary, one of the funnest times I ever had in a game.