This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How much does Gamestop make?

#1ntsoulsPosted 8/17/2013 6:20:03 AM
A year that is?
Is there a website that shows their profits year by year?
#2GrandTh3ftAutoPosted 8/17/2013 6:53:43 AM
http://news.gamestop.com/press-release/business/gamestop-reports-sales-and-earnings-fiscal-2012-and-provides-2013-outlook
---
Gamertag: Doctor Dayman
PSN: Doctor-Dayman
#3grimmdaddyPosted 8/17/2013 7:04:22 AM
he wasn't looking for a link he was looking for an answer! GOD!

To answer the question they make 20 dollars a week, 25 if they do their chores
#4SheepinatorPosted 8/17/2013 7:52:14 AM
About $300-400M a year net income. Pre-owned products are 48% of gross profit (i.e. profit based on revenue - cost of goods, without factoring in company expenses). Pre-owned gross profits are about $1.2BN a year. The publishers, excluding Activision thanks to CoD and WoW, make far, far less. GameStop's profits from used games alone crushes the combined profits in recent years of EA + Take Two (Rockstar) + THQ etc.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#5TheBlueStigPosted 8/17/2013 8:14:00 AM
Sheepinator posted...
About $300-400M a year net income. Pre-owned products are 48% of gross profit (i.e. profit based on revenue - cost of goods, without factoring in company expenses). Pre-owned gross profits are about $1.2BN a year. The publishers, excluding Activision thanks to CoD and WoW, make far, far less. GameStop's profits from used games alone crushes the combined profits in recent years of EA + Take Two (Rockstar) + THQ etc.

EB Games before the merger was making around 950 Million just for the 3 months of the holiday sales season. The source is them admitting that in an article that's somewhere on Gamespot.com.

If you seriously think that after the merger after they more than doubled the store count they're not doing way better (only 1.2 billion for an entire year?) you need help, somebody is cooking the books.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#6DarkJaydragonPosted 8/17/2013 8:28:18 AM
Around tree-fitty.
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#7SheepinatorPosted 8/17/2013 8:43:33 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
Sheepinator posted...

EB Games before the merger was making around 950 Million just for the 3 months of the holiday sales season. The source is them admitting that in an article that's somewhere on Gamespot.com.

If you seriously think that after the merger after they more than doubled the store count they're not doing way better (only 1.2 billion for an entire year?) you need help, somebody is cooking the books.

I don't expect you of all people to back up your statements, but I'll ask anyway... source?

If you could also explain why a public company would cook their books to show profits being lower than they are, which in turn depresses the share price, which in turn massively lowers the value of exec stock options and grants, go ahead.
---
#8TheBlueStigPosted 8/17/2013 8:52:11 AM
Sheepinator posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
Sheepinator posted...

I don't expect you of all people to back up your statements, but I'll ask anyway... source?

Reading comprehension....you're doing it wrong.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#9SheepinatorPosted 8/17/2013 8:56:30 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
Sheepinator posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
Sheepinator posted...

Reading comprehension....you're doing it wrong.

I think EB Games was making $1,850,245,195,542,899 in an unspecified time period, or maybe it was $854,475, it was one of those two I'm sure, of which I won't provide any more info like a reputable source or financial statement. You know what, I'll even bold this for emphasis. Wow, this is easy.
---
#10SheepinatorPosted 8/17/2013 8:58:38 AM
Sheepinator posted...
If you could also explain why a public company would cook their books to show profits being lower than they are, which in turn depresses the share price, which in turn massively lowers the value of exec stock options and grants, go ahead.

Waiting.
---