This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I wish The Wolverine got a game

#11simonbelmont2Posted 8/17/2013 11:22:25 AM
ACHEEKSMALLOY posted...
simonbelmont2 posted...
Raven Software made some good games, Wolverine was fun and I also enjoyed X-Men Legends and Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

singularity was also really good

SIngularity looked really good when I saw the gameplay videos for it. I've always wanted to play it and I will have to buy it sometime. It's one of those hidden gems that often crops up in "underrated games" lists.

Sheepinator posted...
simonbelmont2 posted...
Raven Software made some good games, Wolverine was fun and I also enjoyed X-Men Legends and Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

True. Also Singularity. Sad reality of today's market though is games like that don't sell enough to justify the costs. So when the IW guys bailed to Respawn and left a hole in Activision's CoD staffing, they made Raven a CoD satellite studio. Other Activision studios saw big layoffs. It's quite possible the devs are earnings at least as much as before, so that's some consolation for them, although they've lost a lot of autonomy.

I agree man and it is sad.You are right as games like Singularity often don't sell enough to make a significant profit.

I am surprised at how well Dishonored has done as in today's industry taking a chance on a new IP is risky.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#12Merc123Posted 8/17/2013 12:39:44 PM
Yeah it sucks, Raven was really awesome. Never played Singularity but it looked fun. I think Raven did the Jedi Knight games and Marvel Ultimate Alliance which were all awesome....though i think Vicarious Visions did MUA2.

If there was a new Wolverine game and it was just like Origins, i would buy that instantly. That game was great.
#13Dragon NexusPosted 8/17/2013 6:03:21 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
Be happy that the last Wolverine game was good and that it didn't suck, because the overwhelming majority of movie games traditionally suck ass.

It followed the same general rule though.
Good movie? Crap license tie in.
Bad movie? Pretty good license tie in.
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#14Madness2012Posted 8/17/2013 7:44:30 PM
I loved the Wolverine game,would have loved if they would have made a sequel,,,,,