This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are you playing now? Rate it..

#1Gunvalkyrie2Posted 8/17/2013 10:00:49 PM
Hitman Absolution (360/DL) -- really like this game -- the locales are varied enough, I love the blending in technique, and the graphics for the most part... 8.5 out of 10
#2flame030191Posted 8/17/2013 10:27:15 PM
What I'm currently playing as I type?

Black Ops 2. I'd give it a 7/10. It's not bad, definitely an improvement on BOps1, but still nowhere near as good as the IW games and a big letdown trying to come from MW3.

What game I'm trying to beat? All the games I'm playing I've already beat, but the game I'm actively replaying is Assassin's Creed 1. I'd give it a 9/10. Sure, it gets repetitive, but the story is really well designed and it does one core thing better than the rest in the series does which solidifies it as the best of the series IMO: stealthy assassinations. Altair learns the meaning of stealth and as such, almost every target can be killed without ever touching open combat. There's even an achievement to do so.
---
PSN ID: armyflame (formerly Troll_Face_Flame) X360 gamertag: That Guy Flame
Call of Duty 2 is still the best of the series.
#3TheBlueStigPosted 8/17/2013 10:33:57 PM
You just made a topic like this yesterday.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#4vigorm0rtisPosted 8/17/2013 10:35:01 PM
Strangely... nothing. I had intended to start a playthrough of the Knife of Dunwall earlier this week and got derailed by work, and now I don't know if I should start anything before some games drop on Tuesday... but not sure if I'm going to pick one up.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF http://i.imgur.com/D9R0iaQ.gif
#5HoopsJunky1Posted 8/17/2013 10:47:37 PM
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Won the Bug-Off today :)

Also been playing the Madden 25 demo
---
Minnesota Nice :)
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0mbrb9vpk1rrrqcao1_500.gif
#6LiteMatterPosted 8/17/2013 10:49:27 PM
God of war Ascension

9/10
#7flame030191Posted 8/17/2013 10:51:27 PM
LiteMatter posted...
God of war Ascension

9/10

Excellent game. Probably my favorite game this gen tbh.
---
PSN ID: armyflame (formerly Troll_Face_Flame) X360 gamertag: That Guy Flame
Call of Duty 2 is still the best of the series.
#8Pacman2dxPosted 8/17/2013 11:07:52 PM
Dead Rising 2 - I'd give it a 6/10, easily.

I should rank it lower for not having any damn sprint .. >:(
---
The only constant is change, nothing remains the same!
The only constant is change, there's only growth or decay!
#9RikkettikPosted 8/17/2013 11:09:51 PM
- Dragon Age II: Only a few hours in, so I can't rate it yet. From what I've seen so far, I'm pleasantly surprised. It's immediately clear that it's is no Dragon Age: Origins, and even though that's disappointing, I expect DAII to be a good game in its own right.

If I have to name one thing that I really don't like about the game, it's that it's so... slick. So Mass Effect like. And with Mass Effect that was fine because it's science-fiction, but when I'm playing a medieval fantasy RPG, I expect some sort of clunkiness. Does that make sense? Just look at the menu (inventory, skills, etc.) from DA:O, for example. It's a bit obtuse in the beginning, but somehow it really works for the game. Or the cutscenes, with your character not being able to talk and such. I think that really added to the charm, but I guess BioWare disagreed after seeing the success of Mass Effect 2, which was streamlining done right. With DAII, I'm not so sure...

- Pokémon Platinum: Already finished this game twice and playing it on the side right now. It's as good as ever, certainly an improvement over Diamond and Pearl, especially in terms of speed. The story is a bit more fleshed out, there are some great character to be found in Sinnoh and great pokémon to catch. 8/10
#10vigorm0rtisPosted 8/17/2013 11:25:28 PM
Rikkettik posted...
- Dragon Age II: Only a few hours in, so I can't rate it yet. From what I've seen so far, I'm pleasantly surprised. It's immediately clear that it's is no Dragon Age: Origins, and even though that's disappointing, I expect DAII to be a good game in its own right.

If I have to name one thing that I really don't like about the game, it's that it's so... slick. So Mass Effect like. And with Mass Effect that was fine because it's science-fiction, but when I'm playing a medieval fantasy RPG, I expect some sort of clunkiness. Does that make sense?

DAII is a decent game, I thought better than DA:O in some not unimportant ways.

It is a weird longing among fantasy and RPG enthusiasts for their archaic menus and play, though. I don't really understand it myself, but it's certainly there.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF http://i.imgur.com/D9R0iaQ.gif