This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are you playing now? Rate it..

#41BBBanks03Posted 8/19/2013 12:13:30 PM
Rayman Origins 9.5/10 (Almost finished, might go even higher once I do)

I canít believe it took me so long to jump into this game, but Iím happy that I finally did. Went in expecting a solid game but got what might be in my top 5 games of this gen. An absolute crime that it didnít sell better. If you have even a remote interest in platformers you really do owe it to yourself to check it out, itís certainly cheap enough. Actually kinda happy Iím playing it now, as the sequel is right around the corner!
---
Can someone bum me a sig? I'm fresh out.
#42DyingPancakePosted 8/19/2013 12:20:20 PM
Hitman: Absolution - 9/10
One Finger Death Punch - 7/10
Spelunky - 8/10
Forza Horizons - 8.5/10
Dark Souls - 8/10
Asura's Wrath - 7.5/10
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2
#43sausage54Posted 8/19/2013 1:41:26 PM
NCAA Football 14; 6 out of 10

Tiburon needs to patch the pass defense and the way the defense reacts to the read option.
---
The only thing I can control is my EFFORT, ATTITUDE, and, FOCUS.
#44Merc123Posted 8/19/2013 7:07:00 PM
Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen -9/10

pros
Amazing and fun combat
Vocations are all fun and useful and pretty much no penalty to switch between them
fighting giant monsters is a ton of fun, especially climbing on them
Nighttime is actually really scary at low levels
tons to do and tons of replayability
Bitterblack Isle is a real challenge, scary as hell and just plain awesome
By far the best Dragon fights this gen, beats the pants off Skyrim

Cons
Story and characters are super weak, quests are weak too
pawns talk way too much
enemies spawn in the same places all the time
fast travel is a pain at the start
#45CyricsServantPosted 8/19/2013 7:38:20 PM
Tales of Xillia (PS3) - 8.5

Pros:
- It's Tales!
- The art direction is a little different; characters are more realistically proportioned.
- I really like Alvin and Jude's rapport.
- I like the the new character and shop leveling mechanics.

Cons:
- It's Tales! I was lead to believe a few years ago Xillia was going to boldly delve into darker territory with a more grown-up cast, but so far this has been standard Tales fare.

Tomb Raider (360) - somewhere between 7.5 and 8

Pros:
- Good combat and leveling/ weapon upgrading mechanics
- I like the emphasis on exploration
- The examinable treasures are a nice touch, and the journal entries you find are actually interesting

Cons:
- Feels kind of like your standard AAA shooter. I think I enjoyed this game more when it was called Uncharted/ Far Cry 3.
- The story really isn't drawing me in.
- The characters, besides the narcissistic historian/archeologist, aren't all the interesting.
- The quick time events
#46DxZ99Posted 8/19/2013 7:48:35 PM
Dead Rising 2 7/10 (So far) Promised myself I wouldn't start DR2 until I completed Case Zero, became uninterested with the time limit & restrictive nature after about 1hr. Started up again today, 200/200 CZ and now playing DR2 and enjoying it quite a bit.

Skyrim 9/10 Resisted this from launch, until the Legendary Edition was announced. Glad I did. That first week, I started Monday & looked back up and it was Thursday. >.> Just started venturing off into other games yesterday.

Borderlands 2 9/10 <<< Can go higher if the next dlc is good.

NBA 2K13 8/10 Too bad 2K Sports (2K can for BL2) can't get another dime out of me. Glitches from 2K11 still exist.

Warriors Orochi 3 8.5/10 A year+ later...
#47LuffyStrawhatPosted 8/25/2013 8:40:07 AM
Mass Effect 3/10

This game is complete overrated garbage, but since I started playing it, I'll continue until its over. Over 55 hours in and trying to 'do everything'. And not because that's every morons scapegoat when I tell them it sucks, but because I'm a completionist.
#48Just_The_TipPosted 8/25/2013 9:19:13 AM
Doom 3 BFG Edition

Never played Doom 3 before. It's pretty fun, hasn't aged too badly. Space station environments are getting a little redundant though. It's fun to play Doom and Doom 2 right after playing 3.

Solid 7.5/10
---
well i don't really hate you with a burning passion because i don't really give you that much thought, but i do think you're a ****ing idiot.
#49Dark_SpiretPosted 8/25/2013 9:34:32 AM
Duke Nuk'em 3D - 9/10. this game still holds up so damn well and its a hell of a lot longer than i remembered. After i finish this i have a copy of Shadow Warrior to try out. never played that one so im looking forward to it.

Saints Row 4 - 8/10. feels a bit cheap and recycled at times, but its pure fun and often hilarious.

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing - 7.5/10. really solid diablo like game with a nice world and fun characters. not much replay value, but a good amount of content.

Parasite Eve - 9/10. started up another run of this and man i love this game. fun gameplay, amazing music, interesting story. its all there. stupidly short, tho. Visually it hasnt aged as well as its sequel.

Spelunky - 9/10. 23hours invested and i still havnt beaten it. and thats ok! insanely addictive.

Payday 2. 7.5/10. fun gameplay, but badly in need of extra content. once you hit lvl 40/100(after ~20hours), youve pretty much seen everything the game has to offer. Whats there tho is a lot of fun provided you have some friends to play with.
---
Currently playing: Saints Row 4 - Spelunky - The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing
#50Fuzzier_BallPosted 8/25/2013 9:37:23 AM
Just got Max Payne 3 in preparation for GTA 5 absolutely love the multiplayer. 9/10

Also playing Animal Crossings Wild World, 10/10
---
I respect all.