This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Previously loved game series that are now hated by a small vocal minority

#21TrugamerPosted 8/18/2013 9:15:15 AM
glassghost0 posted...
Saints Row

I don't even care if anyone else is vocal. SR1 was great, didn't play 2, 3 was decent.

4 looks like s***

I enjoyed the series 1 &2 were great , 3 was a step backwards , 4 does not look like a bad game it just does not look like Saints Row and should be renamed.
I do not like the cheesy direction they have taken the series with 3 and now 4 goes way over the top so i'm just not going to bother even playing it just to show my disgust especially after they took a huge step back in the last game.
I'm not gonna blame anyone for liking it or anything like that i'm just sick that this series had a chance to be truly great and blew it.
SR 4 looks like some Saturday morning cartoon not a gritty gangland
#22Solid_Snake124Posted 8/18/2013 9:16:15 AM
Private_Noob posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
Halo.

Well....at least 4 is better than reach.....
---
The love of Arda was set in your hearts by Iluvatar, and he does not plant to no purpose.
#23GawdDawgsPosted 8/18/2013 9:18:27 AM
Arucard05 posted...
It's more so a lack of respect for the character. Yeah, they changed his actor, which is a big deal, but they also threw out the character development of the aging, more weary Sam in favor of a "younger, hipper badass killing machine".

I can understand that, but didn't Ironside say he didn't want to do SF anymore? If that's the case, wouldn't it be more respectful to do what they're doing? The other option would be a "reboot"

Also, was this series known for their stories and characters? I've only ever played Conviction, and while the story was entertaining enough, it was hardly memorable (but maybe that was just Conviction)
---
It does not matter where we go. It is not the destination that matters...it is the journey.
#24Gunvalkyrie2(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2013 9:21:59 AM
GawdDawgs posted...
Arucard05 posted...
It's more so a lack of respect for the character. Yeah, they changed his actor, which is a big deal, but they also threw out the character development of the aging, more weary Sam in favor of a "younger, hipper badass killing machine".

I can understand that, but didn't Ironside say he didn't want to do SF anymore? If that's the case, wouldn't it be more respectful to do what they're doing? The other option would be a "reboot"

Also, was this series known for their stories and characters? I've only ever played Conviction, and while the story was entertaining enough, it was hardly memorable (but maybe that was just Conviction)

conviction actually had the BEST, MOST PERSONNEL SC if you can believe that -- it seems with BL they've gone back to old "government-y" disposable yuk....but I LOVE the gameplay enough to buy Day 1 and I don't buy anything Day 1.
#25Arucard05Posted 8/18/2013 9:33:26 AM
GawdDawgs posted...
Arucard05 posted...

I wouldn't say the Splinter Cell games were known primarily for their story and characters, no, but I'm sick of developers acting like they don't matter.

And Conviction, given the context of what came before it, tells a great story.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Now celebrating one year of irrelevance.