This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Red Dead Undead Nightmare

#1CaseyJonezPosted 8/18/2013 9:21:40 AM
i would have posted this to the game board but they are not that active.

I've tried two different undead nightmare discs (both in pristine condition) and my xbox just won't read them. I've tried installing the game with both discs but it only gets to 51% before it has a read error.

Does anyone know if there is a solution for this?
---
I can hear it. Deeper, and deeper. Louder and louder, punctuating the silence like thunder on a calm evening. Laughter.
#2shawnmckPosted 8/18/2013 9:44:31 AM(edited)
Could be your console..?

The only thing I can think of is to try deleting all your RDR:UDN game files and start over from scratch.
If the disc is scratched or has heavy scuff marks, then that might be your problem. But since you stated they are pristine condition, then its doubtful.
If it doesn't work, then I would say that your console might be having problems.

Also try resetting your consoles cache.
To do this, go to this site...

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/settings-and-initial-setup/clear-system-cache

Also make sure that you have enough empty space before you install any game.
But you shouldn't have to install the game at all. Just play it off the disc.
But it's up to you.
#3CaseyJonez(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2013 10:41:01 AM(edited)
Clearing the cache has got the disc working, now it only freezes at the title screen. Thanks for the suggestions man.
I can hear it. Deeper, and deeper. Louder and louder, punctuating the silence like thunder on a calm evening. Laughter.
#4OverburdenedPosted 8/18/2013 12:08:20 PM
What does clearing the cache do? Get rid of all updates and things? So if I cleared mine, when I next put a game in will i have to update it again?

Is it advisable to clear it, I've had my console for 4years and never done it.
---
Obliteration never felt so divine._
Crappy spelling due to my iPod.
#5CaseyJonez(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2013 1:22:10 PM
I don't know exactly, if you read the description in the link it doesn't sound like it gets rid of anything important. I've had my 360 for over four years too and clearing the cache took less than five seconds.

Clearing it somehow enabled my 360 to read the disc well enough to install it and the game runs fine now.
---
#6shawnmckPosted 8/18/2013 6:24:13 PM
Sounds to me like you might have a faulty hard drive, or a corrupted save data that is causing problems.

If it's just corrupted data then clearing the cache might do it, or you might need to re-format the whole thing to clear it...which will erase all saved data.
If your hard drive is faulty, then it will need to be replaced.

But I am not a technician, so take my comments with a grain of salt.

If you start having more problems with more games, then it is likely you have a faulty hard drive.
#7Dagoth_WitPosted 8/18/2013 8:36:16 PM
Overburdened posted...
What does clearing the cache do? Get rid of all updates and things? So if I cleared mine, when I next put a game in will i have to update it again?

My guess is you don't have a lot of games. Eventually, your cache fills up and the most recent update gets deleted every time you put in a new game. Then, you'll have to download the update for the first game, which deletes another update.
---
Maybe God made a monkey that doesn't like to think it's a monkey and lies a lot.
#8OverburdenedPosted 8/18/2013 10:19:45 PM
Dagoth_Wit posted...
Overburdened posted...

My guess is you don't have a lot of games. Eventually, your cache fills up and the most recent update gets deleted every time you put in a new game. Then, you'll have to download the update for the first game, which deletes another update.

Ah rite I see, is it advisable to do? I'd guess I've got 60ish game saves in total, including installs and what not.
---
Obliteration never felt so divine._
Crappy spelling due to my iPod.
#9Dagoth_WitPosted 8/18/2013 10:45:16 PM
Overburdened posted...
Dagoth_Wit posted...
Overburdened posted...

Ah rite I see, is it advisable to do? I'd guess I've got 60ish game saves in total, including installs and what not.

It doesn't hurt. I'm sure there are many games you're not playing. Clearing their updates from the cache will simply make it easier when you get more games.
---
Maybe God made a monkey that doesn't like to think it's a monkey and lies a lot.
#10Net SharkPosted 8/19/2013 4:06:27 AM
I clear my cache when I notice things running slow. Usually speeds my Xbox up again after I do.
---
Xbox GT: Net Sh4rk