This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Raam from Gears of War 1 is one of the hardest boss fights in videogame history

#1JackBurton85Posted 8/18/2013 9:13:11 PM
On like my 5th playthrough and i always forget what a massive pain in the ass this fight is. You make one mistake and you're toast, between the krill and his huge gun, split second is all it takes for you to die. Takes so many hits to kill him too.

It wouldn't be so bad if he didn't charge at you, that's what makes it so damn hard. You stay put, he's gonna walk around and kill you in one hit. You run away using the outer edges of the train to avoid Raam and the krill WILL kill you damn near instantly. You run around in the lighted center of the train, good chance you're gonna get mowed down by Raams gunfire. The majority of the battle ends up being me frantically and desperately running and rolling back and forth trying(usually futilely) to put some distance between us.

And is it just me, maybe i'm not doing something right, or is it pure dumb luck as to how often he opens up? Seems sometimes he'll send his krill shield away several more times then he does on other attempts, completely up to chance as far as i can tell.

Oh and what a jerkass move putting that machine gun turret in the center of the train. Makes you think you can just walk on up there and unload some massive amount of damage on him. I've tried just for fun to see how long i could last up there, 2 seconds, and that's with me timing it as best as i could(like not going up there when he's right in front of me or when his krill shield is up). Such a tease.
#2glassghost0Posted 8/18/2013 9:20:26 PM
Beat him on Insane by myself
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#3overlordlaharl0Posted 8/18/2013 9:24:56 PM
glassghost0 posted...
Beat him on Insane by myself

Same, Torque bow and Sniper rilfe only.

Torque his face, snipe his head once his shield's gone. Easiest boss ever.
---
I went in, Betray..or Ally? Which one? I didn't really have a choice, i wanted to survive but... I chose... ---
#4656stoogePosted 8/18/2013 9:32:26 PM
Play Conan on hard and fight the last boss. That will quickly change your opinion of what constitutes a hard boss fight.
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
#5SSJGrimReaperPosted 8/18/2013 9:55:14 PM
Gears 3 and Gears Judgment had harder final boss fights on Insane difficulty
---
Big Apple, 3 A.M.
http://i.imgur.com/vQZqgi9.jpg
#6DarkSymbiotePosted 8/18/2013 9:56:32 PM
I know. That's why I use the glitch where he gets stuck.
---
"Also I am NOT PROVIDING LINKS that would take FOREVER so I WRITE DOWN THAT INFO INSTEAD." - whatnow12012
#7DxZ99Posted 8/18/2013 10:29:24 PM
Back in 2007 I totally agreed with TC. After countless tries I did manage to beat him solo on insane. But when I say countless, I mean COUNTLESS!
#8RenamonPosted 8/18/2013 10:38:16 PM
meh, he's not that bad.
---
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games
#9JamanjaxPosted 8/18/2013 10:38:32 PM
..Are you kidding? That was the most underwhelming boss ever.
---
He who has the blues, has a good thing.
#10TearsfoUniversePosted 8/18/2013 10:39:51 PM
Vergil from DMC 3 is wayyyyyyyyyyy harder then Raam hopes to be
---
Completed Nuzlocke, Fire Red. Pokemon: Charizard, Shiny Tangela, Venomoth, Zapdos. RIP Gyarados, Hitmonchan