This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This gen: 1 thing you loved; 1 thing you hated; 1 thing you hope for the next

#11MonkeyCosmonautPosted 8/20/2013 1:12:06 PM
Loved: The ability to rip discs to the HDD so that it essentially eliminated disc noise, and cut down on disc and drive wear-and-tear. This was for the 360, the PS3 was very limited in this regards.

Hated: Greedy corporate policy, which includes On-Disc DLC, obscene DRM, and the "Always On-Line" requirements.

Hope: None. I am not foolish enough to believe that the stupid DLC, DRM, and other Corporate greed policies will go away, they will only increase in practice.
#12DrFeelgood1984Posted 8/20/2013 1:36:26 PM
Loved: The jump to HD. Did not fully appreciate my PS3 or 360 until I got my HDTV.

Hated: DLC. Games are now stripped of content, which is then sold to us in the form of DLC. I no longer buy games at full price because I no longer get full games. There are exceptions (Rockstar & Bethesda do DLC correctly)

Hope for: More original IP's. We got Gears of War, Uncharted, Infamous, Mass Effect, and a lot of other great franchises this gen. Most of those are getting a little stale now, so I'm excited to see what the future holds.
#13BBBanks03(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2013 6:13:58 PM
Bump it up.
---
Can someone bum me a sig? I'm fresh out.
#14PsychoDrama1Posted 8/20/2013 6:49:10 PM
Loved: The rise of XBLA

Hated: Corporate greed totally invading the gaming world with shoddy DLC, DRM, and online passes.

Hope: More developers taking risks in style and gameplay with unique new IP's. I'm totally burned out on Halo/Gears/Assassins Creed.
---
Wolf Parade, Swan Lake, Built to Spill, Sunset Rubdown, The Hold Steady, Modest Mouse, Handsome Furs, Plants and Animals
#15Gunvalkyrie2Posted 8/20/2013 6:55:12 PM
Arucard05, TheBlueStig, HD ports of Gunvalkyrie or Panzer Dragoon Orta
#16SheepinatorPosted 8/20/2013 8:14:45 PM
Loved: XBLA, and the Mass Effect series for being the pinnacle of gaming.

Hated: Whiny entitled gamers who want moar moar moar and rage at the prospect of actually paying for it.

Hope: More experimentation with AAA retail games, though I don't actually expect this to happen. Games are too expensive to make and a few cookie cutter franchises take the bulk of sales.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#17MatrixAndrAIaPosted 8/20/2013 8:35:12 PM
Loved - arcade games, sadly enough because it appeals to my old school tastes.

Hated - the increased shift towards social gaming, because most randoms are d-bags, and I don't like playing most games with anyone.

Hope - more old school style games, like Dragon's Crown, as well as some more beautiful shoot em up games.
---
Your name is sung and tattooed now on my heart - here I will carry you forever
Carry Tori Amos
#18BBBanks03(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2013 9:23:33 AM
Good to see more people are in the same boat as me than I thought who are hoping the future brings some exciting new IPs that actually try something new but still have an emphasis on the old-school.
---
Can someone bum me a sig? I'm fresh out.
#19gldooriiPosted 8/21/2013 9:33:26 AM
MatrixAndrAIa posted...
Loved - arcade games, sadly enough because it appeals to my old school tastes.

Hated - the increased shift towards social gaming, because most randoms are d-bags, and I don't like playing most games with anyone.

Hope - more old school style games, like Dragon's Crown, as well as some more beautiful shoot em up games.

That's exactly how I feel.
---
PSN - gldoorii
Live - xgldooriix