This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Flashback is up.

#1_MrENigma_Posted 8/21/2013 1:36:59 AM
For those interested in Flashback it is available for download now. It's 1.97 gb. :-)
---
XBL GT. "Wile E Jaguar". 3DS FC 0688 - 6570 - 4452
www.youtube.com/NotoriouslyInfamouz
#2nayssPosted 8/21/2013 2:50:41 AM
yep, saw that.

although, i'm getting this strange glitch where i can't move my character, so i couldn't even finish the demo :(
---
"i'm softer than a thrift store sweater and twice as worn in."
#3Yuri_LowelIPosted 8/21/2013 2:53:16 AM
Don't buy this crap. Love flashback but there's so many glitches a d classic game ruined by poor emulation. Ruffin garbage the dev team deserves to be shot for ruining a classic.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ooexO.gif
#4nayssPosted 8/21/2013 2:54:56 AM
behold! i assume yuri experienced the same glitch as me.
---
"i'm softer than a thrift store sweater and twice as worn in."
#5Yuri_LowelIPosted 8/21/2013 2:57:04 AM
No I don't have it but watched vids and read 3 reviews. This game has tons of glitches and the classic game has missing sound and crashes. Plus you can't play the classic game in full screen. It sounds elfin terrible.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ooexO.gif
#6CapwnDPosted 8/21/2013 3:24:58 AM(edited)
It's not up for me yet.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just had to search. Been awhile since I did he early morning search for new XBLA releases.

Well I hope it doesn't suck!
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#7CaffineRushPosted 8/21/2013 3:43:05 AM
I am loving it so far.
---
I wish you could know youre in the good ol days before you leave them. -Andy Bernard,
#8CapwnDPosted 8/21/2013 4:05:03 AM(edited)
How is the remake? So far it looks awesome, I'm loving it.

I'm not as concerned with the original, I can play that anywhere.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#9Justice98405Posted 8/21/2013 5:30:40 AM
The original is disappointing, as has been said, it's in a cropped down 'game cabinet' on the screen. Other than that, it looks to be the classic game. But, were there no sounds/music during the cutscenes back in the original release? It's been SO long since I've played it.

The remake is pretty impressive from playing the first level. You get to play basically the first level (or at least until you first reach the jump gate in the trial. I stayed with the trial just to be sure, but when it prompted, it was easy to pay the 800 points (I honestly thought this was going to be 1,200, so 800 is a steal). It's very cool. It's still (again, only played the first level) very much the Flashback game I remember, but with some minor and decent additions. You can now aim the gun all around you. The controls are a little better. The graphics upgrade is nice. There's some 'hidden' stuff you can optionally find/shoot in the levels for people who like that kind of stuff. The voice acting is... alright. Conrad could be better, but he's not terrible at least. And it seems like they've kept things pretty much the same, just minor changes (for the cutscenes, level design, etc. I don't know how well that'll hold up all the way through the game though.

So yea, EASILY worth the 800 points. I don't know about all these glitches people are talking about, who knows, I'm early into the game, but so far, its great.

Okay Blizzard, you're next, I want this done with Blackthorne (and I'm STILL waiting for a sequel as well) and with Rock'N'Roll Racing as well!
---
To the mattresses.
3DS code: 2621-3902-1737, PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
#10Dragon NexusPosted 8/21/2013 5:40:43 AM
Yuri_LowelI posted...
No I don't have it but watched vids and read 3 reviews. This game has tons of glitches and the classic game has missing sound and crashes. Plus you can't play the classic game in full screen. It sounds elfin terrible.

Oh look! It's that "This game has tone of glitches, but I'm not going to ellaborate!" argument that I love so much 8D
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde