This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Where do you get your game reviews from?

#1DVentPosted 8/21/2013 2:39:52 AM
Going through my game collection, I have so many games I want to play them in the order of how well reviewed they are. Is Metacritic the best place to get review scores or would you recommend another site for reviews?
---
XBOX 360 GT - DVent360
#2DarkJaydragonPosted 8/21/2013 3:15:22 AM
I never listen to people, if I have an interest in a game I usually just watch a gametrailer video and make up my own mind.

#2edgy4society
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#3OverburdenedPosted 8/21/2013 3:16:22 AM
It's all personal opinion.

Assassins creed got some bad reviews because it was too repetitive and bland in colour etc, It's one of my favourite games ever though.

To answer your question, I don't know sorry, I don't read any :D
---
Obliteration never felt so divine._
Crappy spelling due to my iPod.
#4CapwnDPosted 8/21/2013 3:31:56 AM
I listen to GiantBomb podcast. But it's not about reviews, they talk about games. They talk about all games, even games they don't like because sometimes they are discussing why they don't like it, and hashing out why otherwise good games sometimes turn out crap.

So they may spend an hour talking about a game that the pretty much just don't like. And that doesn't mean that it makes me not like it, sometimes it's a game where it makes me interested in it and I may enjoy it. And sometimes they're most harsh on the games that they love, for the same reason... discussing what they don't like about it.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#5F-4ROTSSPosted 8/21/2013 3:46:16 AM
Official Xbox Magazine. I'm doing whatever I can to support Microsoft to help pull them out of dead last worldwide.
---
I am an Xbox fanboy
#6Justice98405Posted 8/21/2013 4:00:44 AM
I mainly use IGN, Gamespot and GamesRadar. I'll use and read other reviews, but those are the primary ones, and of course I watch previews and gameplay footage and use my own judgment and experience with games over all these years and make my decisions.
---
To the mattresses.
3DS code: 2621-3902-1737, PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
#7grimmdaddyPosted 8/21/2013 4:24:34 AM
myself mostly
#8OverburdenedPosted 8/21/2013 4:26:28 AM
F-4ROTSS posted...
Official Xbox Magazine. I'm doing whatever I can to support Microsoft to help pull them out of dead last worldwide.

That's going to get old really fast, well it is old now. About as old as the news that xbox is in last place.
---
#9F-4ROTSSPosted 8/21/2013 4:44:49 AM
Overburdened posted...
F-4ROTSS posted...

That's going to get old really fast, well it is old now. About as old as the news that xbox is in last place.

Hey buddy from Wales! :-D
---
I am an Xbox fanboy
#10OverburdenedPosted 8/21/2013 5:06:51 AM
F-4ROTSS posted...
Overburdened posted...
F-4ROTSS posted...

Hey buddy from Wales! :-D

That's me that is.
---