This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Where do you get your game reviews from?

#11pothocketPosted 8/21/2013 5:23:38 AM
grimmdaddy posted...
myself mostly

Same
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#12joegt123Posted 8/21/2013 5:29:49 AM
Youtube.

Aside from a few specific reviewers whose opinions I trust to coincide with my own, I watch gameplay and see if it looks good.
---
"It was not for quiet complacence he was given the name of 'Thunder God'."
Currently Playing: Too damn many things at the same bloody time... (25+)
#13DieMyBridePosted 8/21/2013 5:42:58 AM
Rev3Games and other youtube reviewers. As for websites, Destructoid and Gamesradar

Used to like Gametrailers but recently I didn't like some of the reviews for good reason.
#14LapanuiPosted 8/21/2013 5:51:06 AM
I can't remember the last review I read or even watched... I base my decisions on watching gameplay videos or playing the demo myself.

Game reviews are very biased. The person reviewing the game usually has a different taste in games than you, they might play a game you enjoy and they could hate it. The same goes for a game you dislike.

Just pick a game randomly off your list, watch some gameplay videos and hopefully, get hyped. That's what I tend to do, be open minded about the game you are going to play, if the game still isn't doing it for you, maybe you just don't like that game.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#15SpideyknightPosted 8/21/2013 6:12:47 AM
AngryJoeShow on youtube and normally Jim Sterling writes a good review. On occasion he's a pompous british chap, but usually it's pretty good.
---
For in much wisdom is much grief, and he that increaseth knowledge, increaseth sorrow.
#16darkharePosted 8/21/2013 6:42:46 AM
friends, demos, watching gameplay footage on youtube.

---
The future of Console Gaming, are the gamers. vote with your $!
#17lostoutlawnbPosted 8/24/2013 12:18:39 PM
I usually look at IGN and gamespot. I don't care about the score if a game interests me and its well received than I usually get it.
#18ACHEEKSMALLOYPosted 8/24/2013 12:21:10 PM
CapwnD posted...
I listen to GiantBomb podcast. But it's not about reviews, they talk about games. They talk about all games, even games they don't like because sometimes they are discussing why they don't like it, and hashing out why otherwise good games sometimes turn out crap.

So they may spend an hour talking about a game that the pretty much just don't like. And that doesn't mean that it makes me not like it, sometimes it's a game where it makes me interested in it and I may enjoy it. And sometimes they're most harsh on the games that they love, for the same reason... discussing what they don't like about it.

---
Gamertag: ALMIGHTY CHEEKS
http://www.youtube.com/ALMIGHTYCHEEKS
#19nazacuckooPosted 8/24/2013 1:27:15 PM
IGN and Angryjoe. But I like to check Metacritic scores to see what everyone thinks. Not the user scores though, they just don't know how to review games.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: NazaCageRatt
The official Stalfos of the "A link to the Past 3DS" board.
#20TheBlueStigPosted 8/24/2013 2:34:39 PM
I play the game myself, either through a demo, or a rental.

Reviews, no matter what the source, are almost always biased and full of s***, and if they're on a major website with advertisers you're definitely NOT getting a legit review, you're getting a PR press release.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.