This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I wonder if Xbox One Controllers can work on the 360.

#1MarblesbunbunPosted 8/21/2013 1:50:36 PM
I wonder if Xbox One controllers can work with the 360, even if it's only through the USB connection.

The Xbox One controller is the same layout as the 360, and save for the feed back triggers, it's roughly the same controller just drastically improved with better tech. So I could see it working for the PC and 360 when connected through a USB connection.

I hope so anyways, god knows I'm buying the Xbox One controller for my PC, and I'd love to use it on my 360 as well. The 360 controller was by far my fave 7th gen console controller.
---
Mewtwo_Soul: "You can't trust a smile from Sony, but you'd better watch your back after shaking Microsoft's hand."
#2Link43130Posted 8/21/2013 1:54:17 PM
They won't for the same reason the 360 controllers won't work for the Xbox One
---
Steam/XBL/PSN: Link43130
#3Marblesbunbun(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2013 2:05:07 PM
Link43130 posted...

Same layout, same buttons.
They don't needs to use the rumble triggers as long as the functions and mapping are the same which I suspect they are for XINPUT compatability. (Xinput is the 360 controllers drivers, which is the PC standard for gamepads. Xbox One's controller will also be using Xinput)
---
Mewtwo_Soul: "You can't trust a smile from Sony, but you'd better watch your back after shaking Microsoft's hand."
#4Link43130Posted 8/21/2013 2:14:00 PM
Marblesbunbun posted...
Link43130 posted...

They don't needs to use the rumble triggers as long as the functions and mapping are the same which I suspect they are for XINPUT compatability. (Xinput is the 360 controllers drivers, which is the PC standard for gamepads. Xbox One's controller will also be using Xinput)

The Xbox One controller won't even work on PCs at launch dude, it's not happening.
---
Steam/XBL/PSN: Link43130
#5CammyApplePosted 8/21/2013 2:19:46 PM
Completely different wireless technology.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#6Marblesbunbun(Topic Creator)Posted 8/21/2013 3:02:41 PM
Link43130 posted...
Marblesbunbun posted...
Link43130 posted...

The Xbox One controller won't even work on PCs at launch dude, it's not happening.

I know, but I am pretty sure that will change quickly through official or unofficial patch. Since data is sent via the USB cable, it should be pretty much plug and play.
However, I could see the official statement being it only works with Windows 8.

CammyApple posted...

I'm not using it wirelessly. The Xbox One controller sends data via the USB cable as well, which is how I meant it to be played and detected by the console.
---
#7CammyApplePosted 8/21/2013 3:08:53 PM
Marblesbunbun posted...
Link43130 posted...
Marblesbunbun posted...
Link43130 posted...

I know, but I am pretty sure that will change quickly through official or unofficial patch. Since data is sent via the USB cable, it should be pretty much plug and play.
However, I could see the official statement being it only works with Windows 8.

CammyApple posted...

I'm not using it wirelessly. The Xbox One controller sends data via the USB cable as well, which is how I meant it to be played and detected by the console.

I dumb. I read the topic backwards. I still don't think it will work but nothing stopping you from trying.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#8beautifuldreamsPosted 8/21/2013 4:04:44 PM
Microsoft said the new controllers won't work with the x360, but would get PC support sometime next year
---
nyuuuuuuuuu~