This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the worst in-game choice you made this gen?

#1pothocketPosted 8/22/2013 5:55:02 AM
...and lived with it (not reloaded).

Started thinking about this the other day when playing Dishonored DLC and I chose to electrocute and kill a whale as part of a hidden side-quest. I felt awful and couldn't even look at it while it was dying.

Usually I've got a stone heart when it comes to doing awful things in videogames. Megaton? Hell, I'd pay thousands of bottlecaps for the chance to push that button and they give me a sweet-ass room instead? Yes please. But that whale? Unless I'm doing a specific type of playthrough where I really really need the quest reward for doing that, I'm never touching that whale again.

So what was yours? And if you're the type that reloads rather than live with the hard choices, please out yourself so we can fling mud at you.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#2fiasco86Posted 8/22/2013 9:23:26 AM(edited)
One of my big mistakes was killing the first two NPC's I encountered after getting to Lordran in Dark Souls. They were tough to kill at such a low level and low skill, and I missed out on items and spells for doing so. And there's no reloading an old save in Dark Souls either.
---
Game Conquerors Top 100 Games of All Time
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBdvbVOHRybalW-7GExzgqbbBf1bGVV3L
#3simonbelmont2Posted 8/22/2013 9:28:10 AM
Allowing Lydia to get killed by Falmer in Skyrim, her corpse turned up at my wedding later in the game and ruined the event. Revenge from beyond the grave!
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#4SunDevil77Posted 8/22/2013 9:33:09 AM
Fire Emblem Awakening spoilers

I...I had to kill Chrom's sister, Emmeryn

T_T
---
The average lifespan of a raccoon is ~5 years.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#5NemerlightPosted 8/22/2013 1:52:53 PM
Killing NPCs in Dark Souls. I felt so stupid after learning how some of them were really important :(
---
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is the best PC game of 2012.
You are entitled to your opinion but its wrong and i hate you.
#6OverburdenedPosted 8/22/2013 3:07:19 PM
Letting Illia go in Skyrim.... With all my loot and belongings, then never finding her again.

I hope the greed got to her, and that she fell in a lake and drowned under the weight of my belongings.
---
Obliteration never felt so divine._
Crappy spelling due to my iPod.
#7ACHEEKSMALLOYPosted 8/22/2013 3:14:19 PM
sleeping with a skanky hooker in fable 2, getting a disease from it, marrying her, had a child with her, killed her, abandoned the kid
---
Gamertag: ALMIGHTY CHEEKS
http://www.youtube.com/ALMIGHTYCHEEKS
#8Oldskool_RulezPosted 8/22/2013 3:41:40 PM
When I helped smash Larry's head in The Walking Dead. Hearing Lilly scream and cry made me feel a little bad, but she was a b**** anyways.
---
The DEATH cannot die!
You don't need a reason to help someone.
#9FredSavage27Posted 8/22/2013 3:59:43 PM
The Walking Dead

Cutting off my hand, then dying anyway.
#10ACHEEKSMALLOYPosted 8/22/2013 4:03:14 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]