This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Playing Halo 3 again after 5 years made me realize 343 needs to step up.

#1GGearXPosted 8/22/2013 7:08:54 AM
So many things in halo 3 got lost in halo 4 that it feels like a completely different game, maps are more open in halo 3 , there is power ups, the bubble shield (and regenerating shield , blue ball don't know what they are called), dual wielding, little hidden skulls, and just all round more things that were fun, that halo 4 has removed.

Halo 5 NEEDS to be better than 4 , I am giving 343 one more chance since It's probably their first major project.
(especially when there are so many like me who didn't like the more competitive feel to the multiplexer.)

Anyone else feel 343 screwed up? And if so ,describe why? I can't be the only one who felt dissapointed by 343's lack of imagination in the console fps multiplayer.
---
Gt-KryDamoure (Cryoflove)
..........I-I'm a very shyyy guy, I-I'm sorry ....... *blushes *
#2SunDevil77Posted 8/22/2013 7:12:52 AM
GGearX posted...
So many things in halo 3 got lost in halo 4 that it feels like a completely different game, maps are more open in halo 3 , there is power ups, the bubble shield (and regenerating shield , blue ball don't know what they are called), dual wielding, little hidden skulls, and just all round more things that were fun, that halo 4 has removed.

Halo 5 NEEDS to be better than 4 , I am giving 343 one more chance since It's probably their first major project.
(especially when there are so many like me who didn't like the more competitive feel to the multiplexer.)

Anyone else feel 343 screwed up? And if so ,describe why? I can't be the only one who felt dissapointed by 343's lack of imagination in the console fps multiplayer.

Halo 4 had power ups. Much less broken than Reach's.
Dual Wielding was removed in Reach.
Hidden Skulls and terminals are in Halo 4, as well as more Easter Eggs.

No. They made a game far better than Reach. It wasn't as good as 3 (except for the campaign, which they nailed).
Halo 5 will be even better with more experienced devs, 60 FPS, dedicated servers, and constructive criticism.

Also, post-title update, the game is even better.
---
The average lifespan of a raccoon is ~5 years.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#3StucklnMyPantsPosted 8/22/2013 7:24:14 AM
Did they ever fix their broken matchmaking system, you know, so it would actually replace players when they quit out of a match? I vowed not to buy another Halo game again after the developers start handing timeouts to people who quit, when the problem was, they were using an outdated matchmaking system and just didn't want to spend the time or money to develop a new one. Lost a lot of respect for Bungie.
#4thecougPosted 8/22/2013 7:28:45 AM
Halo 3 is my favorite installment in the franchise and I feel like each installment since has been getting farther and farther away from what made it work. Though I liked H4 better than Reach.
---
The Coug abides.
XBL Gamertag: TheC0ug | Currently Playing: BioShock, State of Decay
#5GGearX(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 7:34:20 AM
SunDevil77 posted...

No. They made a game far better than Reach. It wasn't as good as 3 (except for the campaign, which they nailed).
Halo 5 will be even better with more experienced devs, 60 FPS, dedicated servers, and constructive criticism.

Not sure if I'm quoting right but here goes.

Halo reach was Bungie pretty much crapping out a game, IIRC ODST was in 2009, while reach was in 2010, guess the same could be said for 343 as well, which is why I said to give 5 a chance, they might have more time to work on it.

Reach was multiplayer based on before the halo event, might as well say they ADDED AAs , and then compain why they dont have them in Halo 1,2,3.

Besides, they were Spartan 3s, MC was a 2. ( and the armor varioations as well, Mjolinr armor etc.)

never once did I see a skull in the campaign or little hidden things aside from a terminal, Heck they had little skulls (just remembered yesterday ) that you can find in the multiplayer!

IMO They even failed at beating reach in the multiplayer too, They changed somehting about it, I could never pinpoint the exact thing, and still cant after playing halo 3 for a week, It just doesn't have that "fun time oh i teabag you " feeling anymore, hope they can make a better game next time, ( and really? 60fps? I honestly don't think halo would feel right with it, but I'm open to it.)
---
#6Exodus_PrimePosted 8/22/2013 7:34:59 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
GGearX posted...

---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#7GGearX(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2013 7:37:24 AM
StucklnMyPants posted...
Did they ever fix their broken matchmaking system, you know, so it would actually replace players when they quit out of a match? I vowed not to buy another Halo game again after the developers start handing timeouts to people who quit, when the problem was, they were using an outdated matchmaking system and just didn't want to spend the time or money to develop a new one. Lost a lot of respect for Bungie.

They fixed that in 4.

But you have to admit, that outdated system deffinately beat out most FPS multiplayer lobbies.
---
#8PStrifePosted 8/22/2013 7:47:16 AM
Halo 4 plays like a generic space marine shooter that goes through the cliche motions. Gone was the fun and excitement found in previous Master Chief installments, for some overdone situations which are not even fun to play.

The fun was literally gone in Halo 4's SP, making something fun takes more then placeng enemies in certain set-pieces, you have to do a little extra. The new enemies had zero personality and were more or less annoyances, the Covenant somehow had no personalities and were more or less generic enemies as well. Basically it was not a Halo game, since they did not follow the rules of Halo game making.
#9superbowl54Posted 8/22/2013 8:08:54 AM
if they can't live up to the worst of the bungie games, then we have a major problem...
---
360: Beasts Inc; PSN: DeadlySilence
Devil May Cry "fans" are worst fanbase in gaming.
#10AWarAmp84Posted 8/22/2013 8:13:20 AM
IMO Halo 3 was the pinnacle of the series. Both Reach and Halo 4 were a disappointment and don't even get me started on the abomination that was ODST.
---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.