This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Never Played a Saints Row Before, Should I Start With 4?

#11BBBanks03(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2013 9:24:34 AM
This is one of the few topics Iíve ever seen where literally every single person posted a different answer hahaha. This has probably left me more confused than ever as to where I want to go with the series from here. For the person (or two) that mentioned just going through the whole seriesÖ ehhhh Iím not really looking to do all that. I only really play games for like an hour or two every other day or so, Iím not really gonna be getting into that kind of a commitment. Iím really only thinking of doing 4 because it seems to be the most super-powered fun, or at best going through 2 also because itís a very different, but good experience, and then jumping into 4 afterwards.
---
Can someone bum me a sig? I'm fresh out.
#12Ginsu VictimPosted 8/23/2013 9:27:51 AM
SR2 is definitely worth playing.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#13G2584Posted 8/23/2013 10:15:57 AM
Go with 4. You can run faster than cars. No need to drive anywhere.
---
Let's share a tall cup of Jesus.
#14ACHEEKSMALLOYPosted 8/23/2013 12:00:32 PM
DONT START WITH 4. The whole point of the game is callbacks to the first two games. Get the combo pack of 1 and 2 then skip 3 and play 4
---
Gamertag: ALMIGHTY CHEEKS
http://www.youtube.com/ALMIGHTYCHEEKS
#15nothingbeastPosted 8/23/2013 2:08:39 PM
Skip the first one entirely. I bought the SR double pack and it almost kept me from continuing with the 2nd game.

Just wiki the story so you know what's going on in the 2nd.

Play the 2nd, and continue with the 3rd. Yeah, there's a drop in quality from 2 to 3, but 3 is still fun if you can find it on the cheap.

I didn't play 3 for a while because of all the negative feedback, but after playing it, i'm excited for #4.
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.
#16simonbelmont2Posted 8/23/2013 2:23:01 PM
TC, if you are not looking to play the whole series then play 2 and 4 as those seem to be the best ones. Saints Row 2 is my favorite as it has an interesting city to explore with lots of nice areas.

The series has its own identity now as SR4 seems to be both a parody and homage to other videogames. It's basically the Naked Gun spoof of videogames and that is not a bad thing.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#17kungfuj0Posted 8/23/2013 9:28:45 PM
If you're only looking to play one of them, 2 is the one to play. It is hands down the best of the bunch overall. It improved on pretty much everything that 1 started and it has a better story and more customization than either 3 or 4.

I do have to say this about 4 though. Those powers can be fun as hell in short stretches! Still, I'd get 2 now, and maybe catch 4 on Black Friday or sometime later after it has dropped in price. I paid full price for 4 on release day, and while I am enjoying it and I think I'll get my money's worth out of it, if I had it to do over again, I'd probably wait and catch it cheaper.

Long story short, get 2 now and wait for a price drop on 4.
---
And to think...people laughed at me when I said MS could out-EA EA any day of the week.
Who's laughing now, *****es???